Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPeach2 View Post
They are calling it Cobb County Stadium??
My guess is that is just the name the S.I. reporter used. Surely, they'll come up with something catchier than that! But, then again, before Turner Field there was Fulton County Stadium, so who knows...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
It is in the contact that Liberty Media is going to sell the naming rights for the stadium. The sell-out of the Braves has just begun.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:09 PM

148 posts, read 232,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
The numbers don't lie either and those numbers show that that area can't handle additional traffic of that nature. That area is already slammed. It's insane to think this is good spot... what because it's north and next to interstates? ....that automatically that's good??
It's very easy to get to for anyone living north of 285 compared to Turner Field except for those that live East of 85. Those people were already sitting in gridlock on the connector getting to Turner Field so what's the difference. It's about 10 miles further from Fayette/Coweta (reverse commute). The main people affected are the very East and Southeast counties. Cumberland is a haul for them, and I would be upset if I were them. If you live in McDonough it will be very difficult to make a weekday game. Maybe that is offset by a family in Roswell who can get to Cumberland 20 minutes faster than they could to Turner Field.

I just can't buy the complaining from anyone else. Intowners have about 20 different ways to get up there easily anytime of the day. It's less than 10 miles from Midtown. The weekend games will sell out regardless of location, we're really just talking the 30-40 games during the workweek. In case you haven't noticed, the Ted has been less than half full for those games for the last 10 years anyways, how much worse could it be?

Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
I just can't buy the complaining from anyone else. Intowners have about 20 different ways to get up there easily anytime of the day. It's less than 10 miles from Midtown.
The issue some of us 'Intowners' have is Turner Field offered an alternative to driving. There was MARTA or if you lived a couple miles away like me, you could bike it over. The new site offers 1 option, sit in traffic.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:46 PM

477 posts, read 593,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viningsgt View Post
It's very easy to get to for anyone living north of 285 compared to Turner Field except for those that live East of 85. Those people were already sitting in gridlock on the connector getting to Turner Field so what's the difference. It's about 10 miles further from Fayette/Coweta (reverse commute). The main people affected are the very East and Southeast counties. Cumberland is a haul for them, and I would be upset if I were them. If you live in McDonough it will be very difficult to make a weekday game. Maybe that is offset by a family in Roswell who can get to Cumberland 20 minutes faster than they could to Turner Field.

I just can't buy the complaining from anyone else. Intowners have about 20 different ways to get up there easily anytime of the day. It's less than 10 miles from Midtown. The weekend games will sell out regardless of location, we're really just talking the 30-40 games during the workweek. In case you haven't noticed, the Ted has been less than half full for those games for the last 10 years anyways, how much worse could it be?
10 miles averaging 5-10 MPH in gridlock traffic for most of the ride. Not gonna be worth it. The BARVES can talk it up all they want, but nobody's gonna show up at 3 pm to beat traffic for a 7 pm game, just so they can go sit in some suburban restaurant or shop for a while. They say the traffic problems will be offset by the amenities. I call horses#*t. 28,000 extra cars on the Cobb Cloverleaf is 28,000 extra cars on the Cobb Cloverleaf, no matter how you spin it.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:20 PM

148 posts, read 232,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH82 View Post
10 miles averaging 5-10 MPH in gridlock traffic for most of the ride. Not gonna be worth it. The BARVES can talk it up all they want, but nobody's gonna show up at 3 pm to beat traffic for a 7 pm game, just so they can go sit in some suburban restaurant or shop for a while. They say the traffic problems will be offset by the amenities. I call horses#*t. 28,000 extra cars on the Cobb Cloverleaf is 28,000 extra cars on the Cobb Cloverleaf, no matter how you spin it.
Forgot that getting to Turner Field is a breeze with 28,000 cars trying to get off at Capitol Ave at 6:30pm.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:25 PM

477 posts, read 593,978 times
Quote:
Forgot that getting to Turner Field is a breeze with 28,000 cars trying to get off at Capitol Ave at 6:30pm.
There's an actual street grid to help with that. No such luck up in Cobb. I know 20 ways to get to Turner Field.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:12 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
MARTA drops you off right at the front door without any significant traffic. Also means that all those that were taking those packed MARTA trains to Turner will be additional cars going to Cobb.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:39 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
There was MARTA or if you lived a couple miles away like me, you could bike it over.
cq, I truly admire your commitment to alternative modes of travel but I daresay the number of folks who ride their bikes to the Braves game is pretty minimal.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:41 PM

708 posts, read 999,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
It is in the contact that Liberty Media is going to sell the naming rights for the stadium. The sell-out of the Braves has just begun.
That's if people come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta