Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2014, 03:59 PM

3 posts, read 10,889 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Atlanta (work location Covington, GA) with my family. I am looking for a safe place witihin an hour commute with good elementary school and Indian community. Any advice is much appreciated

My preference
1. Budget - rent $1600/month
2. House/Condo/Townhome - No preference
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) - commute to Covington
4. Children(public school vs. private) - public school (elementary)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - No preference
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? - No
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. - Asian Indian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2014, 05:58 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshayan View Post
I am moving to Atlanta (work location Covington, GA) with my family. I am looking for a safe place witihin an hour commute with good elementary school and Indian community. Any advice is much appreciated

My preference
1. Budget - rent $1600/month
2. House/Condo/Townhome - No preference
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home) - commute to Covington
4. Children(public school vs. private) - public school (elementary)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two - No preference
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not? - No
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood. - Asian Indian
Look in the attendance zones of Parkview and Brookwood high schools in Gwinnett County where there is a very-large and rising population of Asian Indians.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:47 PM

787 posts, read 969,101 times
Dunwoody

Old 05-17-2014, 11:09 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Look in the attendance zones of Parkview and Brookwood high schools in Gwinnett County where there is a very-large and rising population of Asian Indians.

Agreed. The Parkview and Brookwood areas would meet your criteria.

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/P...33.5967815!3e0

https://www.google.com.br/maps/dir/B...33.5967815!3e0

Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,500,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Agreed. The Parkview and Brookwood areas would meet your criteria.
It should also be noted that in addition to both Parkview and Brookwood having very-large and fast-growing Asian Indian populations, both schools are amongst two of the absolute best public high schools in the entire Southeastern United States.

Both schools are excellent schools that are amongst the absolute best academically in both the state of Georgia and the Southeastern U.S.

You really cannot go wrong with either school, though the Asian Indian population is slightly larger and slightly more-established in the Parkview High School district than it is in the Brookwood High School district, which is slightly less-diverse than Parkview.

Either way, students who do well academically at both schools often go on to be admitted and/or earn scholarships to some of the best colleges and universities in America.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 10,889 times
Thanks for the replies, appreciate it! There do not seem to be any apartment community available in these areas and very few houses are listed for rent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta