Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 09:14 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times

Advertisements

Atlanta’s Pleasantdale Road Voted the Least Crossable Street in America | Streetsblog USA
I think what they meant to say is suburban Atlanta's road. This is nowhere near the city limits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 06:41 PM

226 posts, read 275,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Atlanta’s Pleasantdale Road Voted the Least Crossable Street in America | Streetsblog USA
I think what they meant to say is suburban Atlanta's road. This is nowhere near the city limits.
I disagree. I think it's Hollywood rd. All them trees just make it hard to see when you trying to cross over and catch the bus.

Might as well say the Downton Connector. A few years back me and a bunch of friends had to scurry like mice quickly across traffic when our neighbor was kicked and was living in the tent city there under the bridge. We brought him some food. Poor man lived there a long time. but running across the Connector gives me nightmares to this day. It was not easy or safe.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:45 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post
I disagree. I think it's Hollywood rd. All them trees just make it hard to see when you trying to cross over and catch the bus.

Might as well say the Downton Connector. A few years back me and a bunch of friends had to scurry like mice quickly across traffic when our neighbor was kicked and was living in the tent city there under the bridge. We brought him some food. Poor man lived there a long time. but running across the Connector gives me nightmares to this day. It was not easy or safe.
Shouldn't be crossing the freeway.

Old 05-30-2014, 11:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,741,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnishaluvsdontae View Post

I'd love to hear the response of the governor when you walk into his office and ask for Interstate crosswalks.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:20 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,288,075 times
Everything about this article is nonsense. Whoever wrote that article doesn't realize it's perfectly legal to cross the street directly from Point 1 to Point 2 even though there's no crosswalk. I haven't been on Pleasantdale Road in the last few months, but I lived near there and drove on it regularly for many years until recently and there never seeemd to be a great deal of traffic, so crossing it on foot wouldn't be difficult or dangerous unless you move very slowly.

Old 05-30-2014, 02:09 PM

15 posts, read 21,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
My sister lives on Pleasantdale Rd and even though it's considered Doraville her PO address is Atlanta, GA 30340. The author of the piece mentions the distance between crosswalks and the width of the street as a determination. I've never crossed it (nor do I plan to) but I get what she's saying. The man who killed that poor child ran up on the sidewalk so the crossability of the road shouldn't even be a factor.

Old 05-30-2014, 03:22 PM

226 posts, read 275,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I'd love to hear the response of the governor when you walk into his office and ask for Interstate crosswalks.
HA! I don't think I would ever ask him THAT question. But if you need to get to something on the other end of the highway in a pinch you have to take your lives in your hand. How you supposed to do it? My poor neighbor he starving out there in the tent city. He needs HELP! Governor should be helping the homeless first. that's what I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta