Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 07:45 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelyDay2016 View Post
A few of my work colleagues earn a six figure salary in Washington, but choose to reside in Baltimore (and the close in Baltimore suburbs), because it's less expensive than living directly in Washington.
I can't imagine someone earning six figures and then choosing an hour-long commute from a neighboring city to save money on real estate. That makes absolutely no sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 05:48 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I can't imagine someone earning six figures and then choosing an hour-long commute from a neighboring city to save money on real estate. That makes absolutely no sense.
Well it makes plenty of sense when you consider the COL difference between DC and Baltimore, plus those folks can commute via MARC which links up to DC Metro and not have to deal with traffic. It's no different than folks commuting from Philadelphia and environs to NYC to work which is pretty common. Heck folks in metro Atlanta deal with hourlong commutes all the time.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:16 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,424,137 times
No disrespect?!! Man, I give you a blank check to be disrespectful as you want concerning my hometown. It's a effin' $hithole of a city! I can write 2 set of Encyclopedia on how messed up and backwards Baltimore is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton white guy View Post
I really think that Atlanta is better, because, no disrespect to the beautiful and historic City of Baltimore, the Atlanta region just seems more robust as a business environment than Baltimore overall, and surely that would also translate to people of all cultural persuasions.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:18 AM

IF ATLANTA HAD A TRANSIT SYSTEM LIKE PHILLY'S, DC"s or NYC's! Game would be over!!! It would probably be one of the greatest cities in North America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Well it makes plenty of sense when you consider the COL difference between DC and Baltimore, plus those folks can commute via MARC which links up to DC Metro and not have to deal with traffic. It's no different than folks commuting from Philadelphia and environs to NYC to work which is pretty common. Heck folks in metro Atlanta deal with hourlong commutes all the time.

Old 05-30-2015, 09:20 AM

The MAIN PROBLEM I have with Baltimore, is the ultra-violent ignorance displayed amongst its residents. I'm sure you all say the Baltimore Riot media coverage!??

Old 05-30-2015, 10:13 AM

Not really! People up here do it all the time.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2015, 10:14 AM

I know folks who make some outstanding money working in DC, but commute from the Philly area to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

Old 05-30-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
Not really! People up here do it all the time.
It makes no sense to saddle yourself with a nightmare commute when you can afford to live closer to the place where you work. I know some people do it, but it's ridiculous.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I know folks who make some outstanding money working in DC, but commute from the Philly area to live.
What is the point of that? It happens I'm sure, but it's not a common practice.

Old 05-30-2015, 12:43 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
It makes no sense to saddle yourself with a nightmare commute when you can afford to live closer to the place where you work. I know some people do it, but it's ridiculous.
It's not a nightmare commute if you take commuter rail (MARC), which a lot of people do. I also know folks who live in and around Richmond and commute to work in NoVA. And as I stated earlier, hourlong commutes aren't uncommon in metro Atlanta which only has one primary city; it's basically the same as someone who lives in Alpharetta and drives to work in Midtown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta