Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 11:41 AM

6 posts, read 7,962 times

Advertisements

Hello...We are moving from Birmingham to Atlanta at the end of this month. I will be working at the AT&T office in Lake Blvd. We are looking for apartments to rent nearby so that my travel time will be less, and also a place where MARTA will be closer. I heard that some parts of Lenox Park area are sketchy while another half of it is safe and nice. The apartments we are considering are 1050 Lenox Park, Post Gardens..Can any of you please advise if these parts of the neighborhood are safe? Will it be safer to walk around? Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 12:49 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn081083 View Post
Hello...We are moving from Birmingham to Atlanta at the end of this month. I will be working at the AT&T office in Lake Blvd. We are looking for apartments to rent nearby so that my travel time will be less, and also a place where MARTA will be closer. I heard that some parts of Lenox Park area are sketchy while another half of it is safe and nice. The apartments we are considering are 1050 Lenox Park, Post Gardens..Can any of you please advise if these parts of the neighborhood are safe? Will it be safer to walk around? Thank you!!
There are apartments around Lenox Park and it is not too far from Lenox Station. I have been to that area several times and it is not bad, you always get a mix of people in apartments.

Old 06-11-2014, 02:24 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
I used to walk around Lenox Park at 2am all the time. It was fine.

I lived in Post Gardens. There were never any problems. The only property that doesn't seem on par with the others is the one that I think they now call the Berkshires...the one with interior corridors. It seemed to always have a mold problem.

Old 06-11-2014, 07:53 AM

925 posts, read 1,333,851 times
I think the entire lenox park community should be safe. You may want to look for some apartments outside of the park. There are some apartments closer to the mall and other shopping centers if you like that type of walkability.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:22 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,974,801 times
I will also agree with the other posters, Lenox Park is very, very safe. I have several friends that live in Post Gardens and, as with all Post properties, it's very well maintained and safe. I think you'll be just fine!

Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,057,844 times
No, don't live outside the park!!!

Lenox Park is walkable to the malls, PLUS you have access to the park!

I guess it depends on your personality, but what would you be a closer walk to on a daily basis....a park, or a mall? I'll choose park any day. Lenox Park is great, the fact that you could be walkable to the park AND WALKABLE TO WORK trumps all.

It would have been a dream come true if I could have worked at Lenox Park while also living there. You are going into an absolute ideal situation, live it up while you can. Live and work in Lenox Park.....that's so rare and so awesome. You are spectacularly lucky.

No part of Lenox Park is sketchy. At all. It's all great. The only reason you might have heard that is because the Fulton/Dekalb county line cuts through the park. If you have kids, the Dekalb schools ARE sketchy. The Fulton side uses Atlanta public schools, which are ok (the elementary school is excellent) and I don't know what Dekalb uses, but pretty much all of their schools suck.

If you have no kids, all of the park is great. It's like a mini-Vestavia Hills or Mountain Brook in the city.

Old 06-11-2014, 12:21 PM

32,026 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
No, don't live outside the park!!!

Lenox Park is walkable to the malls, PLUS you have access to the park!

I guess it depends on your personality, but what would you be a closer walk to on a daily basis....a park, or a mall? I'll choose park any day. Lenox Park is great, the fact that you could be walkable to the park AND WALKABLE TO WORK trumps all.

It would have been a dream come true if I could have worked at Lenox Park while also living there. You are going into an absolute ideal situation, live it up while you can. Live and work in Lenox Park.....that's so rare and so awesome. You are spectacularly lucky.

No part of Lenox Park is sketchy. At all. It's all great. The only reason you might have heard that is because the Fulton/Dekalb county line cuts through the park. If you have kids, the Dekalb schools ARE sketchy. The Fulton side uses Atlanta public schools, which are ok (the elementary school is excellent) and I don't know what Dekalb uses, but pretty much all of their schools suck.

If you have no kids, all of the park is great. It's like a mini-Vestavia Hills or Mountain Brook in the city.
Couldn't agree more. If you are fortunate enough to have a job there, why not live there, too? It's a terrific area.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:42 PM

Thank you soooo much guys!! This was very very helpful!! I am feeling much better about looking for apartments in the area now..We are visiting Post Gardens and the nearby apartments this weekend...Fingers crossed that we get a good one!!

Old 06-17-2014, 03:07 PM

Hello...tough luck..the apartments in lenox park area are either way out of our budget or not available..we are considering Post Chastain..Any thoughts?

Thank you!!

Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,551 times
Hi kn081083 -- welcome to atlanta. If you haven't found a place yet and want to be close to lenox park, look at the pointe at lenox park. It is probably 1/2 mile or so down the street and is on the lower end for rent (at least was about 15 months ago) Also check out Bell @Lenox Park. Its a fairly good complex & a friend has lived there for a # of years. It is also a little less than 1050 &Post.

1050 lenox was great for the 3 yrs I lived there & Post Gardens is also nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta