Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 07:16 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
People tend to cheer for the little guy. You'll notice the same feelings directed at motorcyclists. Just human nature I guess.

For example, a lot of people are assuming the driver in this story hit the bicyclist on purpose even though no one actually saw it happen. It's entirely possible the guy was chasing him down and hit him accidentally.

If your immediate reaction to that is "OH COME ON ," congratulations, you're human
I'm pretty sure I saw a witness interviewed on television. It was she that saw the initial exchange, the SUV make a u-turn and then strike the cyclist. The vehicle then dragged the cyclist until he got caught by the wheel of a parked car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2014, 07:38 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
I think the bike rider started it and is now playing the victim. Something similar happened to me 10 years ago. I was trying to pass this guy on a motorcycle and he got in front of me on an exit ramp and stopped just to **** me off. Now if I had hit him he would have played the victim role.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:49 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,876,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I think the bike rider started it and is now playing the victim. Something similar happened to me 10 years ago. I was trying to pass this guy on a motorcycle and he got in front of me on an exit ramp and stopped just to **** me off. Now if I had hit him he would have played the victim role.
it doesn't matter who started it. you don't run over people. how is this even debatable?

Old 06-15-2014, 07:50 AM

477 posts, read 594,152 times
Quote:
Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've ever read. "Playing the victim?" The guy ran him down with his SUV, idiot. Of course he's the victim. I don't care who started the argument. No argument justifies attempted murder.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:08 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HH82 View Post
Wow, that's the most ignorant thing I've ever read. "Playing the victim?" The guy ran him down with his SUV, idiot. Of course he's the victim. I don't care who started the argument. No argument justifies attempted murder.
No. People start stuff and play the victim all the time. It's kind of like the episode of Dave Chapelle show called "When keeping it real goes wrong." This is similar to when women hit men and play the victim when he hits her back. Just because the victim was on a bike does not automatically mean that they are the victim. Something happened and I'm sure the person on the bike started it because I see them acting invisible all the time since they are on the bike. People on bikes generally act like they can do no wrong becausethey are on a bike. I hope the bike rider recovers but we do not know what happened from the drivers point of view

Old 06-15-2014, 08:08 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,135,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick295 View Post
What you think is evidence is really just a gut feeling. No one saw the collision. You can't possibly know whether it was intentional. Maybe he was just going to yell at the cyclist again and accidentally struck him. How can anyone know if they didn't see it happen?

He certainly won't be charged with murder or manslaughter. The cyclist wasn't killed. I doubt he'll be caught at all, but if he is he'll be convicted of assault at worst.
Could be attempted murder and if he dies, the charges could be increased. It sounds as if people saw the collision. I guess a lawyer could dispute their observations as being intentional. Leaving the scene of the accident will be an additional charge. They've a clear identification of the car in question as well as it changing direction. The car likely sustained some damage, so they might catch him.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:14 AM

858 posts, read 1,385,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
It sounds as if people saw the collision.
The CL article explicitly states that no one saw it.

Quote:
No witnesses saw the impact, the police report says.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:14 AM

477 posts, read 594,152 times
Quote:
No. People start stuff and play the victim all the time. It's kind of like the episode of Dave Chapelle show called "When keeping it real goes wrong." This is similar to when women hit men and play the victim when he hits her back. Just because the victim was on a bike does not automatically mean that they are the victim. Something happened and I'm sure the person on the bike started it because I see them acting invisible all the time since they are on the bike.
It doesn't matter what you think happened. You cannot run someone down with your car because you don't like something they said to you. And now you're blaming victims of domestic violence to shore up your argument. Clearly you have a large brain.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:15 AM

23,466 posts, read 44,100,317 times
Quote:
First of all, no one knows what transpired in their initial exchange, so I don't know on what you can base such an assumption.
Second of all, the cyclist is lying unconscious and broken in an ICU unit. If he's playing the victim, it's an Oscar-worthy performance. Meanwhile, the driver remains at large.

Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,135,076 times
Quote:
No. People start stuff and play the victim all the time. It's kind of like the episode of Dave Chapelle show called "When keeping it real goes wrong." This is similar to when women hit men and play the victim when he hits her back. Just because the victim was on a bike does not automatically mean that they are the victim. Something happened and I'm sure the person on the bike started it because I see them acting invisible all the time since they are on the bike.
Those bike people are "acting invisible all the time" and you are "sure the person on the bike started it"? That's evidence of how Atlanta drivers hate cyclists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: