Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 10:39 AM

27 posts, read 39,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSides View Post
Perhaps, everyone is afraid to say it. I’ll say it. I will preface by saying that I’m Black, phenotypically brown. My wife of 16 years is also Black, phenotypically light skinned, as we like to call it. If I wasn’t married to my wife; I’d probably find another Black woman to marry. In the long run, I relate to Black women better.
I rarely see black men marrying women who are either the same complexion or darker. Why is that?

Quote:
For me, and I’d presume that other men would agree, a woman’s disposition is one of her greatest assets. My wife has a wonderful temperament. She is as cool as a fan, cooler than the water in a swimming pool, etc. I absolutely would not put up with a raggedy attitude! Life is much too short! There are far TOO many Black women who wear their crummy attitude like a badge of honor!
I agree, but you have to remember that black women deal with the same level of racism as black men and many times, sexism as well. I rarely see a lot of black men walking around pleasantly greeting people and smiling.

Quote:
ABD, you’re my sista. However, Black women are doing a pretty good job at dragging themselves through the mud. Unfortunately, and to our collective detriment, there is a lot of ratchet television on today. It’s not a good look at all! For sure, this is an “us problem, not a “them” problem.
Television is entertainment, but unfortunately, many people use it to stereotype entire groups of people.

Quote:

I can imagine that guys in general pass on the sistas on dating websites because they’d rather not put up with a bad attitude. No, you can't know a woman simply by reading her profile. I ask that no one tells me that not all Black women have bad attitudes. I know that they don’t. I’ve been with my wife for 20 years. Along the way, I’ve met other sistas with wonderful spirits. I know that they exist. IIRC, a lot of them had rings on their fingers and seemed quite content. Please don’t tell me that all non-Black women are without attitude. I’ve had my fair share of non-Black women also.
How do they know if the woman in question has a bad attitude, if they have never met her? In reality, there are so many people with bad attitudes out there. I've worked with a number of black men with very bad attitudes, but I'd never make blanket statements about all or even most black men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 11:03 AM

27 posts, read 39,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
See, you and I were cool until you started out with this.

This is the very sexism and stereotyping I'm talking about. So basically what you are saying is that all or most black women have nasty attitudes and therefore are deserving of being alone.

We want to point out the "nasty attitudes" of black women while denying the fact the stereotypical nasty black attitude that people disdain so much in "all black women" is possessed by many black men as well, coupled with the fact that many black men have a strong propensity toward violence and even result to violence when angry with their partners.

I know of a non-black woman in Atlanta who was bludgeoned to death by her black husband just a few months ago. She was my best friend's boyfriend's best friend's sister. She told me that he killed her with their kids in the next room while she was at my place helping me pack before leaving Atlanta. Maybe she had a bad attitude that warranted her being killed by her black husband?

And another black man some time back stalked and set his ex-white girlfriend on fire at a gas station because he was mad that he broke up with her. Maybe it was her attitude too that drove him to do such a thing?

There was also another case in NYC of a young white blonde from an affluent family who was dating a black man. After she broke up with him, he was angry over the break up and went over to apartment and killed her. He stabbed her multiple times with various instruments. He stabbed her up so bad that she was nearly decapitated and he left a screw driver driven into her skull. It must have been her attitude, since a bad attitude is something black men claim they hate in women so much.

What about the black man in Colorado who shot his own baby to death to get revenge on the Asian mother he had the child with to get back at her for breaking up with him?

Black TV actor Michael Jace shot and killed his wife in Los Angeles last month.

Still, I'm sure you would say it's not fair to classify all black men as being violent, but it's OK to do that to black women when it comes to attitude. Yeah, that's very balanced and fair.

Then if this is fair, then I would say that all women should pass up black men on dating sites so they can avoid being victims of domestic violence or being with someone who is a thug who can't seem to keep himself out of jail or keep a job.
The "bad attitudes" exhibited by some women, may very well be a direct result of the community and people that they regularly interact with. Typically, women who reside in urban areas deal with a lot of stresses, including regular violence.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:04 PM

16,697 posts, read 29,515,591 times
Where is Roslyn? I hope she chimes in.

I think some people on this thread need some more information:

White men that like black women | Abagond

http://abagond.wordpress.com/2008/05...hite-men-like/

Interracial Intersection for Black Women | "Love Transcends Color"

black women, white men | Abagond

And more...
BlackGirlTravel.com - One-Stop Travel Resource for Black Women
http://www.buzzfeed.com/anitabadejo/...ind-love-in-eu

Let's stay informed.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lana_inNE View Post
...Typically, when I do see black women with non black men, they tend to have natural hair and darker skin tones.
^^^^
Very true.

*Peruse what I posted above.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:09 PM

149 posts, read 232,144 times
This is my opinion, and I am in no way suggesting the way I see this is how anyone else should see it...

...but I don't know why someone black, whose interested in interracial relationships, would MOVE to Atlanta if they have a choice.

I'm a black male, and desired to live in Atlanta some years ago, but when I started dating white women exclusively, it seemed like an odd choice.

Seattle, and the west coast, just makes a lot more sense for someone with my dating preference.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,522,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Hmmmm...I disagree with that.

Black male/white female relationships are more common and more accepted IN SOCIETY than black female/white male relationships.
this line BD i agree with when it comes to society at large but in ATLANTA? Atlanta probably has the most black women percentage wise then any other city in America. Maybe DC and Chicago come close, but when it comes to the ratio of black women to everyone else, the black woman dynamic is well represented here. Not to say black women are a monolithic group, but when it comes to black guys being with white women. I think Jill Scott let the cat out of the bag with that one lol. Honestly because its Atlanta a black man just has SO many options because their are so many black women here, for that same dude to go out of his way to seek a non black woman as mate can make a lot of black women irritated. Thats why I dont do it. But I agree with you BD about black men in the general sense, but Atlanta is a different beast. Peace

Old 06-17-2014, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichWayDoIGo View Post
This is my opinion, and I am in no way suggesting the way I see this is how anyone else should see it...

...but I don't know why someone black, whose interested in interracial relationships, would MOVE to Atlanta if they have a choice.

I'm a black male, and desired to live in Atlanta some years ago, but when I started dating white women exclusively, it seemed like an odd choice.

Seattle, and the west coast, just makes a lot more sense for someone with my dating preference.

Yes.

For black women interested in dating interracially:

1. West Coast and Pacific Northwest
2. True Southwest
3. Upper Midwest
4. Parts of New England
5. Alaska
6. Europe
7. Canada

Old 06-17-2014, 12:33 PM

The Dating Truth for Black Women

Old 06-17-2014, 12:51 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,077 times
I think its about time this thread was closed smh. There's still a lot of blacks and whites who won't date outside their race and don't like people to do it. Don't let that affect your relationship.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:55 PM

216 posts, read 298,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
I think its about time this thread was closed smh. There's still a lot of blacks and whites who won't date outside their race and don't like people to do it. Don't let that affect your relationship.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta