Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 10:12 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,693,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Last night GDOT held an open house on the Moreland Ave Complete Street project thru the L5P CID.
Here is my synopsis of it: https://medium.com/@cqholt/moreland-...ct-744d320b054
As someone who goes to Cameli's rather frequently, I'm looking forward to having that center turn lane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 11:58 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,863,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourthwarden View Post
As someone who goes to Cameli's rather frequently, I'm looking forward to having that center turn lane.
I think you misspelled bike lanes.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:05 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,693,421 times
Quote:
I think you misspelled bike lanes.
Que no los dos? I'd take the bus if it was more convenient, but I drive to little 5, in part because I'm there late into the evening / early into the morning, and because sometimes friends need rides home.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:23 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Last night GDOT held an open house on the Moreland Ave Complete Street project thru the L5P CID.
Here is my synopsis of it: https://medium.com/@cqholt/moreland-...ct-744d320b054
Nice!

This is great to see and well overdue. Although, I feel like I need to get down there a few more times before it looks shiny and new.

Old 06-08-2017, 06:36 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Nice!

They need to go ahead and downsize Moreland / Briarcliff down to three lanes north of Euclid. The current four lane configuration has way too much weaving and terrible traffic flow. Alternating between two lanes one direct, one turn lane, one lane the other direction is just bad for everyone. Especially at the intersection with Ponce.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Nice!

They need to go ahead and downsize Moreland / Briarcliff down to three lanes north of Euclid. The current four lane configuration has way too much weaving and terrible traffic flow. Alternating between two lanes one direct, one turn lane, one lane the other direction is just bad for everyone. Especially at the intersection with Ponce.
I will disagree, I think Moreland needs to stay 4 lanes. It's a major freight route and yes it does pass thru one of Atlanta's most walkable and highest ped areas. There are alternatives for those who want to turn left. eg: going NB, use the protected left turn at Freedom Pkwy, then right onto Freedom Pkwy N and left onto Ponce.
As for cyclists, I like the idea of not squeezing sharrows in on the 4 lane section north of Euclid and instead creating a green lane to encourage cyclists to use alternative routes to Freedom Park Trail.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:30 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
I will disagree, I think Moreland needs to stay 4 lanes. It's a major freight route and yes it does pass thru one of Atlanta's most walkable and highest ped areas. There are alternatives for those who want to turn left. eg: going NB, use the protected left turn at Freedom Pkwy, then right onto Freedom Pkwy N and left onto Ponce.
As for cyclists, I like the idea of not squeezing sharrows in on the 4 lane section north of Euclid and instead creating a green lane to encourage cyclists to use alternative routes to Freedom Park Trail.
I think that part of Moreland needs to be downsized to three lanes precisely because it is a freight route. I don't think we need to try to put bike sharrows in the extra width. Maybe just widen the sidewalk with whatever space is left over.

The way big trucks squeeze through those narrow lanes and have to weave around tuning cars is dangerous and hostile to the area. Three lanes would be better for all involved, especially trucks and cars.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:38 PM

Quote:
The L5PCID/Findley Plaza Redevelopment Committee will display draft concept plans and seek input to improve the plan and prepare for its approval by the City and the L5PCID Board. This project is being funded through the Renew Atlanta Bond program with additional funding to be provided through private fund-raising efforts led by the L5PCID and other community groups. Improvements are projected to be complete by the fall of 2018.
Community Design Notice – Little 5 Points Community Improvement District
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta