Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
It's not to my taste, but my wife loves "Chef Liu's" in Pinetree Plaza--it has a full menu, but best for Shanghai style breakfasty and snacky things.
I haven't eaten there in quite a while (they've changed management), but my favorite used to be "little Szechuan" for spicy dishes.
Both are on Buford Highway.
Also, if you want to go for a variety of options in one place, there is always the Food Court in Chinatown (dirty bathrooms, good cheap food)--New Peachtree Road.
Oh, and if you like to boil-your-own; there is Mini-HotPot in 2 locations--a cheerful diner style on Buford Highway, and a more sophisticated feeling one on Pleasant Hill Rd in Duluth near Gwinnett Place (if you like bubble tea--theirs is good!).
So it sounds like "Chef Lius's" is kinda like....ummmm, tapas maybe? Like, small portions to share? No? Sounds so interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
This is where my family goes to and enjoys Bo Bo Garden - Doraville, GA | Yelp My father is a former Chinese restaurant owner and chef so he is really picky and he likes it.
Oh my gosh! Those pics on Yelp look delish!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:01 PM

Maaaaaaaan, all you guys are giving such great suggestions, I had to bookmark this thread!!! LOL. Thanks!

Old 07-22-2014, 09:32 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Ive been adding all these to my bookmarks on yelp!

I had the same thought as OP, these look like exactly what I have been looking for

Old 07-22-2014, 10:01 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,804,491 times
Emerald China in Duluth, Pleasant Hill and PIB.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:00 AM

9,008 posts, read 14,047,632 times
I love Canton Cooks for typical Chinese dishes!

If you like dim sum, Canton House on Buford Highway is pretty well-known for that.

If you're in the northern suburbs, Mandarin House in Johns Creek is my favorite in that direction, though Golden Seven in downtown Suwanee is good as well.

Just as an aside, if you want a pupu platter, Simon's is the only Chinese restaurant I know of in the metro that serves them, though the rest of the menu is fairly average.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:26 AM

4,045 posts, read 2,128,098 times
Didn't care for BoBo Garden. used to love Little Szechuan, but now it's become a joke (hiked up the prices and then offers half-off coupon deals, with reportedly bad service like refusing to take credit cards even though it wasn't stated on the coupon that it had to be in cash and the food gone downhill from its heyday).

Love Sichuan House in Duluth (Pleasant Hill, across from Whole Foods).

I also enjoy Chinatown Square, but my new love is the food court at Great Wall (Chinese supermarket) on Pleasant Hill and Old Norcross/Satellite. I especially like Humble House. Even the simplest dishes like an eggplant, potato, and green pepper stir fry are amazing. I'm a vegan and they accommodate me beautifully.

I've not been to it yet but a new Sichuan restaurant on Buford Highway in Duluth is getting rave reviews by someone who knows authentic Chinese food:

Masterpiece

Old 07-23-2014, 07:07 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,868,878 times
what should i order when i go to a good chinese restaurant? i get so overwhelmed by all the menu options that i end up going with things like sesame chicken or beef and broccoli. what are some really good things to have at places like bo bo garden? no pork or shellfish, though, please.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:20 AM

329 posts, read 637,904 times
BBQ Corner II... its in the complex where Sweet Hut is. We go to Northern China (located across BBQ Corner II) for good meatball (lion head?) soup.. and in my opinion their dumplings are better than Chef Liu. By the way Chef Liu does have a full menu, but they are more known for their soup dumplings and leek pies. Some people dont like it, but Mings BBQ (same complex as BBQ Corner II) is ok too, for their roast pork and duck.

I agree with the other places mentioned here... Bo Bo Garden, Canton House, Chinatown Food Court

Things we typically order are:

salted fish fried rice.
crispy fried eggplant.
ma po tofu.
congee.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:25 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,234,650 times
Seems like everything mentioned is north of the city. Is there anything good intown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta