Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 08:28 AM

858 posts, read 1,384,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I see you do not care for Atlanta.
I suppose that'd be a reasonable conclusion if I were personally dictating how real estate and business markets work across the metro. Sadly, I don't have that kind of power.

Also, Buckhead is in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Looking out from the balcony of my 17th floor Buckhead residence, contemplating a walk to the supermarket and pharmacy, I tend to think your description of my neighborhood is about a hundred miles off the mark.
Have fun walking those long blocks and through the parking lot to get into grocery store and pharmacy. Count how many people you come within arms length of during your journey. love Buckhead, but it's a mess to walk, now Decatur on the other hand....

Old 07-25-2014, 08:48 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Have fun walking those long blocks and through the parking lot to get into grocery store and pharmacy. Count how many people you come within arms length of during your journey. love Buckhead, but it's a mess to walk, now Decatur on the other hand....
A trip to most any amenity takes minutes by foot, and I encounter several people in transit. But what do I know? I only live here, armchair quarterback.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:50 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,909,282 times
Quote:
Looking out from the balcony of my 17th floor Buckhead residence, contemplating a walk to the supermarket and pharmacy, I tend to think your description of my neighborhood is about a hundred miles off the mark.
Only the 17th floor? I thought you owned the penthouse!

Old 07-25-2014, 08:51 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
Only the 17th floor? I thought you owned the penthouse!
Give me time...

Old 07-25-2014, 09:02 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Hmm. Looks sorta like it has the pox.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Speaking of Buckhead, I wonder when a new tenant is going to take over the old Cheesecake Factory building because that is some prime property. Buckhead Bottle Bar is closing next week so that block of abandoned stores should be torn down soon. I wonder when BA is going to start working on the other 3 parcels?

Old 07-25-2014, 09:47 AM

2,490 posts, read 2,544,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Speaking of Buckhead, I wonder when a new tenant is going to take over the old Cheesecake Factory building because that is some prime property. Buckhead Bottle Bar is closing next week so that block of abandoned stores should be torn down soon. I wonder when BA is going to start working on the other 3 parcels?
They're tearing it down to build a tower. There's a couple of tower projects in the making.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:13 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,193 times
Quote:
A trip to most any amenity takes minutes by foot, and I encounter several people in transit. But what do I know? I only live here, armchair quarterback.
Seriously, that's my point. By any objective measure Buckhead is far less walkable than Midtown and Downtown. It's has improved, but relatively speaking it's a mess. The initiatives the city put on the table to make Buckhead more walkable have been contested by you real quarterbacks. See link below where the public are fighting to preserve the status quo. Buckhead is not Perimeter, but that's not saying much.

BuckheadView » Peachtree Rd. redo public forum delayed for re-analysis to end of 2014

Old 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,143,757 times
???

Have you ever been to Buckhead? LOL.

Let's just take Garden Hills area as one example. You can easily walk one block to a Publix, Chase, Barnes & Noble, McDonald's, a few restaurants, oh yes, and Buckhead Atlanta.

Oh wait. Maybe you're talking about the OTHER Buckhead hours from the metro area of Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta