Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 11:44 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,784,076 times

Advertisements

Alright, so I figured out what's actually happening there...

The 33-story building is gone and it will have an 8-story mixed-use community called the Alexan at Overlook, with about 300 condos w/ 9-foot ceilings (for eventual apartment to condo conversions), retail, and office, including the lot directly next to it on the corner of Cumberland Blvd and Cobb Parkway as well.

This is probably better, aside from lacking a tower. It actually has approx the same number of units, and will have retail and office.

I suspect the new zoning sign (I couldn't read it at night but I thought I saw the word "stipulations") is probably a new hearing to adjust stipulations.

Zoning meeting video
Zoning request from Dec 2013 (approved) http://zoning.comdev.cobbcountyga.go...Z-064-2013.pdf

Quote:
Applicant is requesting the Urban Village Commercial (UVC) zoning category in order to develop a mixed
use development having office, retail, residential and a parking deck. The proposed architecture will be
brick and hardi-plank type siding on the residential portion with a minimum of 625 heated square feet,
ranging up to 1,100 square feet and greater. The proposed nonresidential portion will be up to 3,500 square
feet of retail/office and 6,500 square feet of clubhouse/amenity space. The residential units will be rental
condominiums, with a maximum of 300 units. The buildings will be a maximum of six – seven stories.
Applicant is requesting the following simultaneous variances:
1. Waive the 10-foot setback from Cumberland Boulevard;
2. Parking reduction to 450 spaces per 300 units and 3,500 square feet of retail/office; and
3. Waive the minimum floor area for the proposed residential dwelling units from the required 1,000
square feet to 625 square feet.
Cumberland really does need a tower landmark with so many 20-story buildings but nothing taller.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 11:50 PM

178 posts, read 618,504 times
Looks like this development is almost completed. Towering landmark would be cool, but doesn't that create a conflict? Being that Dobbins is always flying jets right over this area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta