Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 03:32 PM

4 posts, read 4,727 times

Advertisements

I would like information on the best areas in Marietta to live or is Marietta a not so good place to live?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 04:01 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,875 times
Please define "best". Do you mean affluent and expensive?

For Marietta proper: Whitlock Ave and Kennesaw Mtn area are the most affluent areas. Cherokee Ave isn't too bad either, starting about 1/2 mile from the square.

I would avoid the Franklin Rd area. It's high crime.

Then there's unincorporated East and West Cobb "Marietta" addresses. These are fine if you like hard-core 'burbs but don't really have a sense of place.

1. Budget (buy/rent?)
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
4. Children(public school vs. private)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 PM

6 posts, read 18,164 times
Default Same Question

I can tell you I'm looking to rent. Would like to stay under $1700 and need a 3 bedroom. I'm from NJ so I'm used to a townhome style however I'm open to looking into a standalone home. I'm self employed and have a son who is 7 so a area where the schools have a good curriculum is my top priority. I'm very interested in knowing the opinions of private vs. the public schools in Marietta and also smyrna, powder springs and also Alpaheretta. I will have a vehicle but i'm hearing that that is what you need in that county since there is not a transit system like I have in NJ. I'm looking for an area with a low crime rate because there is no such thing as an area with no crime. Any info would be helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Please define "best". Do you mean affluent and expensive?

For Marietta proper: Whitlock Ave and Kennesaw Mtn area are the most affluent areas. Cherokee Ave isn't too bad either, starting about 1/2 mile from the square.

I would avoid the Franklin Rd area. It's high crime.

Then there's unincorporated East and West Cobb "Marietta" addresses. These are fine if you like hard-core 'burbs but don't really have a sense of place.

1. Budget (buy/rent?)
2. House/Condo/Townhome?
3. Employment Status(commute/work from home)
4. Children(public school vs. private)
5. Suburban or Urban lifestyle preference or a mix of the two
6. Easy access to public transit, important or not?
7. Preferable demographics of desired neighborhood.

Old 03-28-2015, 09:43 PM

13 posts, read 38,168 times
In this area it's all about what schools your neighborhood feeds into. Higher ranked schools typically go hand-in-hand with better neighborhoods and depending on the school, higher housing costs. I live in what is called "East Cobb". It is the unincorporated area of Eastern Cobb County- but I have a Marietta address. There are homes you can rent for less than 1700. The schools here are all pretty good. I think it is very safe. There are lots of activities for kids. Many neighborhoods have pools. It's a nice place to raise kids.

If you are interested in a more mixed group of people/diverse environment you might look for houses in the Wheeler district. Marietta City Schools are also more diverse but not as well regarded as Cobb County Schools.

Marietta encompasses a large area. You can search city data by zip code to see which area best matches your needs. I looked for an area with a high percentage of college graduates-which led me to 30062/30075/30066/30067/30068.

West Cobb has nice pockets and some rough areas. I don't know the area as well but it's worth checking out.

As for living in "Atlanta"...I've lived in Dallas TX, Minneapolis MN, and Denver CO and Atlanta is my favorite. Sure there are things that were better in each city but overall I love Atlanta.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta