Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 10:17 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,881 times

Advertisements

Of course, all of this must be borne with the knowledge that declining social mores and the growth of do-it-yourself morality has increased social problems. Nearly half of babies are borne to single mothers and half the rest must eventually endure the destruction of their homelife through divorce. Having no male figure, no stable homelife, and no father in the household is UNMISTAKABLY tied to increased sociopathy. In the 1950's teenagers addicted to drugs were relatively unheard of. It was something a few hardcore deviants did (In the 1950's "deviancy" was a little pot smoking!!). School failure, drug addiction, out of wedlock births, alcohol abuse, divorce, and crimes are higher among fatherless children as they grow up. To be honest, it would be a surprise if the incarceration rate WASN'T rising given the breakdown of the family unit.

The US murder rate remains stubbornly high and the US has the greatest number of serial killers on earth. Naturally we've got a lot of people imprisoned...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2014, 10:28 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
It is much ado about something. Follow the string back to the beginning. If we had not allowed our borders to become so porous in the first place, then none of what you point out would apply. Simple, encourage, allow, only legal immigration. There are good, decent, productive immigrants at all levels of the social and educational strata. Pick and choose the good people.

Our forefathers, grandparents, parents built a decent, good and prosperous country. Perfect? No. But a heck of a lot better than 90% of the other countries on this planet.

Why on earth we want to dilute it by lack of quality control is beyond me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKCorey View Post
http://www.grassley.senate.gov/sites...20convicts.pdf

Letter to Senator Grassley that explains why they were released. Much ado about nothing.

More political grandstanding.

ICE can't keep them due to court rulings, they can't ship them home because their government doesn't want them so what exactly are we suppose to do with them? They have to be let go because ICE hands are tied at this point.

Old 08-26-2014, 10:45 AM

103 posts, read 327,634 times
I heard Marilyn Manson say in the movie Bowling For Columbine, that America is all about fear and consumption..."OMG, I fear that those 7 convicted murders are gonna come get me...oh let me buy this Glock, AK, whatever"..."I fear not being liked by people so I spead my money and time on stupid crap to make them like me"...You get where I am going with this? I live in Smyrna, not too far from Mabelton and I aint studyin...yes I said that (oh...I need to get back to Brooklyn...QUICK) that man, woman, whoever they just let out. More important stuff going on in my life and in the world. #RIPMICHAELBROWN #RIPFOLEY

Old 08-26-2014, 02:37 PM

858 posts, read 1,385,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
The US murder rate remains stubbornly high.
It's been dropping like all other crime. It's currently at the lowest level since 1957.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: