Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 06:58 AM

2,613 posts, read 4,146,024 times

Advertisements

Newsboy, what are you some Chic-Fil-A fanatic? Look, I told you I liked the food enough to gorge myself on it when I arrived in Atlanta to the point that I gained 20 pounds in a year. So, logic would tell you, if you bothered to stop spouting Chic-Fil-A propaganda for just one second and actually think - that I would have been eating it in California if it was there when I lived there too, right? I went to GTech for college and graduated many moons ago. Therefore, I already knew what Chic-Fil-A was when I lived in Cali. Therefore, I would have been eating it - right along with the In-N-Out Burgers and Pinks I said I was eating in LA (or maybe you missed that part) - when I lived in Cali.

Who is backtracking. YOU are the one who got your pants all in a bunch thinking that I was offending the man like you are some sort of Chic-Fil-A founder crusader or something. I already said I was not taking anything away from him but doing the opposite. If you want to continue on believing whatever is in your Chic-Fil-A-loving mind then carry on. Do you.

Yes, there are alot of people who do not like the restaurant due to their previous stance on homosexuality and the fact that they are closed on Sundays. I am not in that camp. They had/have a right to support whatever they want to support and not support whatever they want to support, as does anyone.

Again, carry on with whatever your mind tells you I said in my first post and that I said in any of the subsequent ones and this one. I hope you are getting a kickback or have stock in this company because you are waaay attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I appreciate your attempt to back-track, but the fact remains that when you insult the man's restaurant empire, you insult the man. Of COURSE he ate his own food -- for years! Just FYI, the corporate HQ in College Park has an employee cafeteria that serves CFA food exclusively ... for free. Again, the man ate CFA for 50-plus years ... and lived to the age of 93! So your entire attempt to be insulting (or humorous) falls flat on its face.

And another thing: Don't know when you left the great state of California, but according to the CFA website there are presently 83 restaurants in that state. The company has been hugely successful there. Any Google search will show that Californians LOVE CFA ... they wait in line for days whenever a new restaurant opens, an occasion which is covered by local news outlets and on live TV. So again, your attempt to discredit and dismiss CFA as "greasy, fattening crap" that you cannot get in California is a complete and total creation of your own narrow-minded bias.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 07:09 AM

939 posts, read 795,427 times
He was a wonderful Christian man who truly "walked the walk". Very rare for a rich person to put God and others before their own self interests. I met him a few times when I was young and working at a home for troubled teens. He contributed $ to the home, and would ride out on his motorcycle with chicken sandwiches for everyone. He would read the Bible, and told the boys about how he grew up in public housing, and worked his way up from selling newspapers at age 12. He gave everyone Christmas presents, including gold tinted Bibles with their names on them. He will be missed.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:41 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Great comments on a great man. Thanks to those of you who put the haters in their place, saved me some typing. But Newsboy and Lovely Summer, stop the feud, Lovely Summer made a poor attempt at lightheartedness that didn't go over so well but doesn't go in the same category as the other hate remarks. I will say from Newsboy's perspective, I too grew up in the south area of the metro where Cathey's reputation was well established YEARS before he became known on a larger level. He was salt of the earth, the kind of gracious, hard working, giving Christian (like so many others of lesser known status) that make me proud to be a Georgian. Newsboy gets that too, so yes, we are fans for life.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:57 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
I certainly respect the man and what he has done. The food? Nopers.

Old 09-10-2014, 08:42 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
I certainly respect the man and what he has done. The food? Nopers.
Aw, Ansley, the best piece of chicken ever, very lightly breaded, seasoned to perfection, succulent....

Time to go try one again.

Edit: Got my mouth watering so, I know where I'm going for lunch....

Old 09-10-2014, 09:13 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Aw, Ansley, the best piece of chicken ever, very lightly breaded, seasoned to perfection, succulent....

Ha I was already planning on going there for lunch today. It's rare I get a bad sandwich there.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times
Quote:

But they use MSG.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:14 AM
bu2

24,094 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:

And after all, they discovered that fat ISN'T bad for you like was generally believed. Now they have a study saying salt doesn't really cause high blood pressure.

Old 09-10-2014, 10:35 AM

5,242 posts, read 6,238,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
But they use MSG.
I think you mean flavor enhancer!

Old 09-10-2014, 10:48 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,523,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
So does no one care about this?
This news makes demons happy....thats lame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta