Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:56 AM

713 posts, read 698,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Who cares..another bigot gone off to "be with the "lord". At least he isn't here any longer to kill Americans with fried chicken and sponser discrimination. The sooner these types meet there demise the better for everyone else.

I have James Dobson as the next religious nut for my death pool.
I hardly ever respond to these kind of statements because I know the type of people who make such remarks. First of all, the type of food one decides to consume and or create is most likely none of your business or anyone else's. If you don't like it, simply don't eat it. As far as discrimination is concerned, Since when do we have to abide by what you may think is the proper thing to do concerning our personal beliefs and choices? Ramming crap down everyone's throat because you and others think you have found the holy grail of truth with all that is correct and good. You have proven once again that when someone doesn't agree with the liberal ideology that is behind this twisted way of thinking, the recourse is to me mean spirited, rude, inconsiderate and to sling mud as far as one can throw it. Liberalism is a mental disorder and hopefully someday there will be a treatment. May God bless you in your ignorance......May you rest in peace Mr. S. Truett Cathy you still have a voice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2014, 10:00 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,246,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistoftime View Post
I hardly ever respond to these kind of statements because I know the type of people who make such remarks...

...Liberalism is a mental disorder.
LOL. Literally. Oh the irony.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:00 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,162,456 times
Quote:
Who cares..another bigot gone off to "be with the "lord". At least he isn't here any longer to kill Americans with fried chicken and sponser discrimination. The sooner these types meet there demise the better for everyone else.

I hope for your sake no one has you next on theirs.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:02 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,162,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreets6 View Post
Spending your life discriminating against other human beings is a 'crummy' thing to do.

Now that is sad.

I doubt "he spent his life" discriminating against others....he had to have time to build his empire.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:11 AM
bu2

23,925 posts, read 14,730,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Let's just be clear. 99% of all fast food is unhealthy, toxic, and HIGHLY processed, including Chick-fil-A. And this statement makes no reference to the owner, (may he RIP) but stands on it's own as factual. If he did or didn't indulge in his own product, (and no one knows if it was every day or once in a while) anyone that feels confident that eating a fast food diet will lend them a long life still, is being very presumptuous and playing with fire. And anyone that does live that long with a diet like that, is purely lucky.

I dismantle the menus of restaurants all the time, because it is what it is. The only insult in such a thing is that you as an owner would knowingly offer your customers garbage food. If fast food places offered a free-range, antibiotic, hormone free chicken that wasn't fed GMO laced feed, served on buns that could sit out for a year and never mold, I might feel a lot better. Or if the potatoes were organic and non-GMO, and not covered in sugar and chemicals prior to frying. Maybe if you served me REAL ice cream with a few simple ingredients, instead of some artificial crap with a paragraph of ingredients, fast food might not be so bad. I mean, I've had Chick-fil-A plenty of times, and it's very tasty, like most unhealthy food is. REAL FOOD, is all I'm saying. This country could use a step up in its food system, starting at the farm, but that's another thread.

Of course we have choices, and I just chose where I will and will not eat. But if I chose to disagree with the quality of business' menu, I don't want to be crucified, and deemed disrespectful, whether the owner of said business is dead or alive just because I have an opinion. Maybe LovelySummer's comments were too soon after his death, but I don't think the punishment of your response fits the crime. We all have unhealthy cravings sometimes, which is normal, but hopefully we're educated and aware enough to know that fast foods, desserts, soda, and like should be once in while, not habitual.
All food is healthy and not toxic.

Anything in excess is not good for you. I'm reminded of the Scrubs episode where the guy was yellow. Too many carrots. You want to get food poisoning? Try sprouts to increase your percentage. Or anything with limited processing.

GMOs. Yes, we should all be eating corn as it originally existed, the size of your pinkey.

Chemicals. Everything we eat is chemicals.

What's articificial is the idea that we haven't modified every food we eat through selective breeding over thousands of years. With organic farming, the world would have had massive famines over the last half century as the population grew. Monsanto has saved millions from starvation.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:35 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,813,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

Anything in excess is not good for you. I'm reminded of the Scrubs episode where the guy was yellow. Too many carrots. You want to get food poisoning? Try sprouts to increase your percentage. Or anything with limited processing.

GMOs. Yes, we should all be eating corn as it originally existed, the size of your pinkey.

What's articificial is the idea that we haven't modified every food we eat through selective breeding over thousands of years. With organic farming, the world would have had massive famines over the last half century as the population grew. Monsanto has saved millions from starvation.
I bet you a dollar Monsanto has a purebred dog....

Old 09-11-2014, 03:37 PM

1,236 posts, read 1,394,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post

I only have one response to this post:

Old 09-12-2014, 06:07 AM

10,739 posts, read 13,315,624 times
Quote:

He lead a life of service. While we may not all agree with some of his views, he provided much charitable help to those in need and was a contributing member to our civic community. You should put away your self righteous hate for a moment and learn from the good that he brought to us.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:02 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,038,409 times
Nothing fake about honoring a man who did much with his life. And his notoriety and fame came from the principles he established his business upon and caused it to follow for more than 60 years. His philanthropy is and has been well known to folks in the South. Which probably includes several of the posters lauding comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I don't care. I hope he rests in peace. But countless people die every day. Let's not be fake and only "care" when someone rich or famous dies.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:33 PM

23,387 posts, read 43,886,354 times
To those of you that choose to post incredibly ugly comments about a man that dedicated his life to the Lord and his fellow man: At least you won't have to worry about keeping company with him in the Hereafter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta