Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 08:12 PM

106 posts, read 237,187 times

Advertisements

What's the latest with the Hickory Lake and Belmont Hills development?

What are the exact plans for HL & BH?

When does construction begin on both?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2014, 01:26 AM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,094 times
Always keep an eye on Cities - devmap.io since things that can be discussed here are often duplication.

Hickory Lake is now called Smyrna Grove and has 194 4-5 br homes approved by council starting in the high $200ks ranging from rear-entry 4br row houses with no yard to 5br homes with some yard in the $300ks. It will surround two small parks and be gated initially for the building stages and first residents but the gates will be removed as it fills up.

Belmont Hills is already underway. There is a large row house grading underway on the Southern third that will be about 18,000 people per square mile surrounding a park in the center. The apartments finally got financed, I believe, and the shopping portion is also being graded right now. The middle two zones are going to be left undeveloped for now: The condo/offices and retirement area. I think they are holding out until the rest is established and the condo market improves a bit more to ease financing. Especially since that portion has a parking garage in the plans and banks are being douchebags about requiring huge justification for parking garages nowadays.

Old 09-10-2014, 07:19 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,139,842 times
Where is Smyrna grove going to be?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:47 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,777,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Where is Smyrna grove going to be?
Near the intersection of Windy Hill and S. Cobb Dr, between Old Concord Rd and Benson Poole Rd, North of Smyrna-Powder Springs Rd where the demolished Hickory Lakes Apartments used to be.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:54 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
When I first moved here from NY - I lived in Hickory Lakes. It was a total dump at the time, but it was on it's way. lol

Those apartments were huge though.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:21 PM

106 posts, read 237,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netdragon View Post
Always keep an eye on Cities - devmap.io since things that can be discussed here are often duplication.

Hickory Lake is now called Smyrna Grove and has 194 4-5 br homes approved by council starting in the high $200ks ranging from rear-entry 4br row houses with no yard to 5br homes with some yard in the $300ks. It will surround two small parks and be gated initially for the building stages and first residents but the gates will be removed as it fills up.

Belmont Hills is already underway. There is a large row house grading underway on the Southern third that will be about 18,000 people per square mile surrounding a park in the center. The apartments finally got financed, I believe, and the shopping portion is also being graded right now. The middle two zones are going to be left undeveloped for now: The condo/offices and retirement area. I think they are holding out until the rest is established and the condo market improves a bit more to ease financing. Especially since that portion has a parking garage in the plans and banks are being douchebags about requiring huge justification for parking garages nowadays.
Thanks! I saw a home near that area and everyone has been telling me about this new Smyrna Grove development and how it should help the area. So, just checking to make sure it was actually happening.

Seems like a huge area to develop.

Old 11-22-2014, 04:09 PM

145 posts, read 166,094 times
Update: I just drove by the Smyrna Grove site, and it appears they are well underway on clearing off the property. Is there an official website, plans, etc.?

Glad to see this underway so quickly.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:10 PM

145 posts, read 166,094 times
Update: pipe farms sprouting up and roads are getting lined out. It's hard to miss the Georgia clay mountain from South Cobb.

Smyrna Grove

It mentions something I've never heard of before:
Quote:
Another unique amenity will be the adjacent "Windy Hill Trail", a City-sponsored multi-purpose trail just outside the gate. This trail will serpentine through-out the greater Smyrna area, connecting neighborhoods and encouraging planned activities.
Any info on where this trail will exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta