Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:41 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
As I already point out to you, they've had more than one, but most good research doesn't produce colossal advancements in a short period. Good research is almost always incremental, slowly building on what has come before, refining, and improving it.
The Fractal Antenna did a lot in a short span of time. Funny Tech didn't think of it given its heavy research in antennas and they had (not any more) Barnsley in the math department who was big on fractals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Except when they are entirely devoid of logic.
You need to accept results even if it goes against your intuition.

Old 10-28-2014, 12:09 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
You need to accept results even if it goes against your intuition.
You need to stop trolling. I posted plenty of results to your question before.

Your comment is nonsensical by even basic logic. People would not still be investing millions of dollars in Tech research if they had not produced superior results in the past.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
You need to stop trolling. I posted plenty of results to your question before.

Your comment is nonsensical by even basic logic. People would not still be investing millions of dollars in Tech research if they had not produced superior results in the past.
I think you are operating on the premise of Tech is great with great faculty and students, and drawing conclusions from that.

Who is investing in Tech? You can't. Tech is performing sponsored research, but not all research produces amazing and world changing results. Researchers often publish esoteric dreck with very minor results and observations, just so they can add to their list of publications.

Have you ever studied logic?

Old 10-28-2014, 01:04 PM

46 posts, read 59,672 times
Quote:
Like most Tech grads, I go out to the highest bidder. I don't think Tech is holding its talent in Atlanta as most of the people I knew there went out-of-state so my leaving is not the exception but the rule among Techsters.
There's some truth to this. Tech graduates do frequently have to leave the state to get engineering jobs that match the pedigree of their degree.

Makes you question the wisdom of giving UGA an engineering school when there already aren't enough jobs in the state for graduates of one of the country's best public engineering schools.

Old 10-28-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacinoWig View Post
There's some truth to this. Tech graduates do frequently have to leave the state to get engineering jobs that match the pedigree of their degree.

Makes you question the wisdom of giving UGA an engineering school when there already aren't enough jobs in the state for graduates of one of the country's best public engineering schools.
UGA got an engineering school because they want a piece of the engineering research dollars pie. I guess the flawed argument is if you flood Georgia with engineers, it'll attract companies.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:12 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,432 times
Quote:
I think you are operating on the premise of Tech is great with great faculty and students, and drawing conclusions from that.

Who is investing in Tech? You can't. Tech is performing sponsored research, but not all research produces amazing and world changing results. Researchers often publish esoteric dreck with very minor results and observations, just so they can add to their list of publications.

Have you ever studied logic?
Today's Google Doodle is sure to get your aroused. It celebrates the 100th birthday of Jonas Salk, credited with the only credible scientific breakthrough ever made at a university, the Polio vaccine.

Jonas Salk Google doodle: a good reminder of the power of vaccines | Science | theguardian.com

Old 10-28-2014, 02:25 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,585 times
Quote:
I don't give a **** where you moved to. I have a problem with your illogical trolling about Tech and Atlanta.
Hear Hear!

He is a TROLL and nothing more... Why it's allowed is beyond me. The monitors need to take action. People who do nothing but post immature attacks, slams, knocks, and negative drivel are contributing nothing worthwhile to the debate or conversation. There is a MAJOR difference in constructive criticism (or even just criticism), alternative viewpoints, and debate. Near constant scathing, monotonous criticism, and attempts to do nothing but negate another are not appropriate and should be curtailed by suspension of posting in that particular forum with a warning. This should be followed by bans if they return with the same bologny.

Old 10-28-2014, 03:17 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,142 times
Quote:
Hiring is often taking a chance. You're never sure of what you are getting.

I prefer to thinking of it as Atlanta not making the most of my ex *fart * *squirt*

Old 10-28-2014, 03:18 PM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
Most users who leave and find a job in another city don't come back to the Atlanta forum to antagonize its posters.

- skbl17
Nah, plenty do. Like that one woman who moved to Dallas who keeps coming back in here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta