Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:06 AM

1,151 posts, read 1,309,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Tech actually, so I know you guys all too well.

So you graduated Tech and you still couldn't find a job in Atlanta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2014, 10:03 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhammaster View Post
So you graduated Tech and you still couldn't find a job in Atlanta?
Most of them go out-of-state anyway. Atlanta is not such a hot market for entry-level.

Old 10-29-2014, 01:54 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
Georgia is one nutty parochialistic state.

If people ain't bashing any of the HBCUs like Morehouse and Spelman, then they are bashing GSU. Now Ga Tech can be added to the list.

We can fight a civil war over darn near anything here.

What a state.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:50 PM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

If people ain't bashing any of the HBCUs like Morehouse and Spelman, then they are bashing GSU. Now Ga Tech can be added to the list.

What a state.
You can thank the troll Mathman for that one.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
Naw.

There are plenty of others who bashed the Georgia schools I've mentioned long before he came into the picture. One other at least on this thread.

Georgia is simply a hyper-partisan place where everything is fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post

Old 10-30-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Om-Nom-Nom.

I was just asking if anything highly significant came out of Georgia Tech. And it looks as if I'm right, GT has achieved nothing highly significant. Most of the arguments were "GT has high rankings and is highly respected, and I've won unsolicited awards, ergo there must be great stuff buried in all that, and you are just too lazy not to find it...oh, here are some links I googled but I haven't searched through it myself". Well, maybe it's because it's not there.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:36 AM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
Om-Nom-Nom.

I was just asking if anything highly significant came out of Georgia Tech. And it looks as if I'm right, GT has achieved nothing highly significant. Most of the arguments were "GT has high rankings and is highly respected, and I've won unsolicited awards, ergo there must be great stuff buried in all that, and you are just too lazy not to find it...oh, here are some links I googled but I haven't searched through it myself". Well, maybe it's because it's not there.
I don't think it is necessary for Tech to develop nuclear fusion, a perpetual motion machine, warp drive or anti-gravity for it to be a world class institution. I'm not sure what point you are trying to prove - hey,and I'm one of the few around here who generally sticks up for you! Tech has certainly turned out great engineers, scientists and others over the years.

Old 10-30-2014, 09:43 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,859,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

What a state.
In fighting and one upping about institutions of higher learning is certainly not limited to Georgia. These Texans are completely insane about it. Has roots in the football teams I would say.

Why has no one listed the Beltline? Not a major technical or biomedical breakthrough of course but wasn't it based off a Tech student's graduate thesis? The most transformative piece of urban planning happening in any major city one could argue.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:06 AM

6,503 posts, read 6,120,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
In fighting and one upping about institutions of higher learning is certainly not limited to Georgia. These Texans are completely insane about it. Has roots in the football teams I would say.

Why has no one listed the Beltline? Not a major technical or biomedical breakthrough of course but wasn't it based off a Tech student's graduate thesis? The most transformative piece of urban planning happening in any major city one could argue.
Correct (Ryan Gravel).

Old 10-30-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post

I believe it originally was a Tech professor's idea that he handed to a student of his as a research topic. But I think the jury is still out on it being "most transformative piece of urban planning". The planning impact bar for that would be very high, like every major city in the world copying its design and Atlanta going into the stratosphere among examples of great urban planning. I doubt the Beltline will be that impactful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta