Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2014, 10:00 PM

3 posts, read 4,238 times

Advertisements

I am in my 20's, female, single, living alone.

I love nice things and am blessed to have the income to afford it.

I am looking to move PREFERABLY to the Dunwoody/Permeter Mall area but will consider Buckhead if the layout is great enough.

I am really into upscale, luxury apartments, updated appliances, hardwood or carpeted is fine. I love high ceilings but will over look that, I love the whole modern look. The whole luxury and upscale look is very important.

I prefer places that are located in safe areas(within Dunwoody/Perimeter Mall & Buckhead areas, that is.) or in areas that have the least problems as far as crimes, noisy, ignorant people and other shenanigans.

I am young, however I am focused on my career, I do not party, smoke, or keep drama around. I go to school, come home, study, enjoy a glass of wine, and go out maybe 3 times a year. I do not allow anyone in my home, as that is the place where I prefer to have my piece of mind. I am friendly, yet a bit of a loner & enjoy my solitude. I am a homebody & spend most of my time at home, so I am willing to spend anywhere between 1200-1600, I won't go over 1700 a month as far as rent goes.

I hope all of this gives you guys an idea of any places to suggest to me.

I'd also like to hear your opinions or any info on the following apartments:

Amli at Lindbergh
Amli at Perimeter Place (dunwoody)
Kingsborro (buckhead)
Elle (buckhead)

I haven't gone to promove just yet, but I will. I'd just like to hear from you all.
And yes, I have read reviews on the above places, but once again, I am just trying to get as much input as I possibly can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 09:22 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Check out intown neighborhoods such as Inman Park, Midtown, Atlantic Station, etc. I highly recommend Inman Park next to the Beltline. Check out the apartments around Historic Fourth Ward Park.

Thank me later when Ponce City Market and Krog St Market opens soon and you will be a short walk away from it.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,238 times
Default What about Areas of Buckhead & Dunwoody?

I appreciate the suggestions. but I am only interested in the Buckhead & Dunwoody areas.
Do you have any info or suggestions on certain areas of Buckhead & Dunwoody?

Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 PM

708 posts, read 999,481 times
I prefer Buckhead or Midtown but really Midtown and check out Atlantic Station...

Old 11-12-2014, 08:57 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,644,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nn_work View Post
I am in my 20's, female, single, living alone.

I love nice things and am blessed to have the income to afford it.

I am looking to move PREFERABLY to the Dunwoody/Permeter Mall area but will consider Buckhead if the layout is great enough.

I am really into upscale, luxury apartments, updated appliances, hardwood or carpeted is fine. I love high ceilings but will over look that, I love the whole modern look. The whole luxury and upscale look is very important.

I prefer places that are located in safe areas(within Dunwoody/Perimeter Mall & Buckhead areas, that is.) or in areas that have the least problems as far as crimes, noisy, ignorant people and other shenanigans.

I am young, however I am focused on my career, I do not party, smoke, or keep drama around. I go to school, come home, study, enjoy a glass of wine, and go out maybe 3 times a year. I do not allow anyone in my home, as that is the place where I prefer to have my piece of mind. I am friendly, yet a bit of a loner & enjoy my solitude. I am a homebody & spend most of my time at home, so I am willing to spend anywhere between 1200-1600, I won't go over 1700 a month as far as rent goes.

I hope all of this gives you guys an idea of any places to suggest to me.

I'd also like to hear your opinions or any info on the following apartments:

Amli at Lindbergh
Amli at Perimeter Place (dunwoody)
Kingsborro (buckhead)
Elle (buckhead)

I haven't gone to promove just yet, but I will. I'd just like to hear from you all.
And yes, I have read reviews on the above places, but once again, I am just trying to get as much input as I possibly can.
The new apartment community off of Hammond Drive in Sandy Springs (Peachtree-Dunwoody Road and Hammond) will be opened for an Open House Event on 11-14 through 11-16. The apartments are called 1160 Hammond (1160 Hammond Apartments in Sandy Springs GA). This location is about a mile from Perimeter Mall.

Also, check out Peachtree Dunwoody Place (Apartments and Townhomes For Rent Atlanta | Peachtree Dunwoody Place) which is right down the street from 1160 Hammond (Across from Costco).

Old 11-13-2014, 08:47 PM

18 posts, read 33,926 times
As a single woman, anything near Marta inside the perimeter I would definitely scrutinize heavily for safety.

And based on your lifestyle you outlined, some of the properties you named can get LOUD neighbors. I speak from experience living in a high rise condo in Buckhead. Appeals to the young crowd that still wants to have friends over in their nifty location and have no respect for letting doors slam, etc or being quiet as the come home at 5am.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:45 PM

524 posts, read 521,658 times
Exchange at North Haven is very nice and very well run. They are in the process of renovating and upgrading all of the apartments. Most of the renovations are already completed. The apartments are not cheap but the upscale amenities and the safe atmosphere more than compensate for the cost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta