Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 07:02 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,740,317 times

Advertisements

Public Meeting set for November 17th for Clayton Connects Greenway Trail System Master Plan
Quote:
Clayton County Department of Parks and Recreation is hosting a public meeting on Monday, November 17th at the VIP Complex in International Park from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. The PATH Foundation and KAIZEN Collaborative will give a brief overview of the Clayton Connects Greenway Trail System master plan and will present the initial trail project underway in Commission District 4. The initial trail …project is a 3.3 mile multi-use trail connection within International Park, Reid Stephens Park, and to the Lake Spivey Golf clubhouse and neighborhood. Additional spur trail connections to the adjacent neighborhoods are also included within the project.The VIP Complex in International Park is located at 2300 Highway 138, SE, Jonesboro, GA 30236.
This is where the master plan for the 105 miles of trails in Clayton County will be presented.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
Sad to say I was not aware of this meeting ahead of time and missed the event which was held less than 2 miles from my house. The proposed trail system sounds like an amenity that could favorably impact my nearby neighborhood.
Go Clayton!

Old 11-18-2014, 10:29 AM

209 posts, read 276,249 times
Is it more or less trying to be like Peachtree City's network?

Old 11-18-2014, 11:06 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,693,457 times
^^^ I don't know. I missed the meeting but have e-mailed the Path Foundation to ask for access (via an online source or a hard copy map) to a viewing of the green way proposal.

Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,740,317 times
Some info I found
Attached Thumbnails
Public Meeting set for November 17th for Clayton Connects Greenway Trail System Master Plan-d.png  

Old 01-26-2015, 05:27 AM

3 posts, read 2,838 times
I attended this meeting along with about 50 other folks. They had a few printed brochures there and I was fortunate enough to get one of them. I scanned the pages specific to my area, District 4, and posted them on my blog: Neil's Ironman Journey, and Beyond: Clayton Connects Proposed Master Plan Kaizen Collaborative published minutes from the meeting which were posted on the Clayton Parks website in pdf format: http://www.claytonparks.com/media/11...2014-11-17.pdf The minutes state that a decision on the final plan should happen in February or March of 2015. After the meeting I e-mail the folks at the Path Foundation to request a soft copy of the printed brochure and to comment on what I heard. I haven't heard back from them.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:11 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,058 times
The City of Morrow already has a similar system in place between Graceland/ City Park off of Morrow Road to Clayton State. There is also the Jester's Creek trail which takes you from the southern edge of Southlake Mall to the Headquarters Library on Battlecreek.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:25 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,763,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ha-Mez View Post
Is it more or less trying to be like Peachtree City's network?
No, This is a bit different.

This is a county-wide network, but it won't be near as many on the micro-level connecting every little neighborhood. So the trail network covers a much larger territory with far fewer trails at the local level.

Still a good ambitious project to have.

Lilburn has a short greenway going through the middle of the city and it is really nice. They are dotted across the northside, but I don't think they will have a cohesive county-wide trail system for some time outside areas near the Silver Comet in Cobb.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:25 AM

FYI: On Feb 3rd the commission approved the purchase of 199 arces of land from EF Gold I, LLC. I believe this land runs along the Flint River on the west side of Clayton County. This is an area where much of the Clayton Connects trail system will go. The land purchase is indicated for greenspace and trails. So, even though a finalized path plan has not been approved or made public the county seems to be proceeding.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:23 AM

Per the Clayton County BOC meeting minutes from March 17th 2015, the Master Plan for the Path Foundation trail system in Clayton County was approved unanimously. I suppose the initial few miles of trails proposed for each district should be constructed by the end of the year. The plan is posted on the Parks and Rec. website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta