Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 11:15 PM

159 posts, read 200,432 times

Advertisements

Andrew, I am far from an expert on Alpharetta. I just moved here less than two weeks ago! But it seems there is a really nice mix of people in the area. So far in my neighborhood I have met African-Americans, Chinese, Brazilians, and whites. I like it! I don't have an interest in living in a place that is completely homogenous.

There are a lot of wealthy people in the area. I don't know how they all got their money, but when my husband was looking for the UPS Store the other night, he managed to pass by a Bentley dealership, plus two other luxury car dealerships which escape me at the moment. Seems to me that you need to shell out at least $350K to get a decent home around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 10:26 PM

159 posts, read 200,432 times
Went to a restaurant tonight that wasn't particularly full. Saw a few white families, black families, Indian families, Asian families, and two one-parent Asian, one parent white families. I have to say, I don't see a whole lot of Latino families in the area. I don't really understand why. Que pasa?

Old 12-04-2014, 10:38 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group Hug View Post
Went to a restaurant tonight that wasn't particularly full. Saw a few white families, black families, Indian families, Asian families, and two one-parent Asian, one parent white families. I have to say, I don't see a whole lot of Latino families in the area. I don't really understand why. Que pasa?
Go down Buford Hwy, Roswell Rd area or Marietta

Old 12-17-2014, 06:00 AM

5 posts, read 6,887 times
I agree with Sedimenjerry, I'm a realtor and it's exactly what I see in my line of duty, and yes Alpharetta is an excellent choice.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:12 PM

745 posts, read 1,284,650 times
I realize this thread is old but Alpharetta is still a town I assume, and I heard it was one of Forbes "friendliest" but is that true? Time and again on this forum I have heard that the south, while polite, tends to be closed to outsiders for the simple fact that natives all have their friends and circles. I would imagine any place with many transplants, however, would be friendlier.

Old 04-14-2016, 09:52 PM

761 posts, read 907,003 times
Alpharetta is a one of the best and most affluent suburbs in Atlanta, but anywhere in North Fulton is great (Milton, John's Creek, and Roswell). North Fulton is drastically different from Pinellas County. I lived in St. Petersburg for 4 years and like Clearwater, the zoning was erratic. You could go from multi-million dollar homes on the water to trailer parks in less than a mile. There would also be strip clubs near schools or churches. North Fulton isn't like that at all. It's very economically homogenous. The area is mainly upper middle class professionals. Also, the schools are outstanding and the area offers plenty of upscale dinning and shopping, but I still haven't found anything in Atlanta like Island Way Grill or Salt Rock Grill.

Old 04-14-2016, 11:06 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,948,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwumpus View Post
I realize this thread is old but Alpharetta is still a town I assume, and I heard it was one of Forbes "friendliest" but is that true? Time and again on this forum I have heard that the south, while polite, tends to be closed to outsiders for the simple fact that natives all have their friends and circles. I would imagine any place with many transplants, however, would be friendlier.
There are still some natives around, but they are far outnumbered by transplants in North Fulton. Both groups are friendly.

Old 04-16-2016, 01:51 PM

78 posts, read 81,820 times
Default It depends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
How are people so loaded these days?? Every thread I read on here goes like this... I am moving to ATL and am looking for a home around 700-800k range... has everyone won the super lotto?
It's not hard for some if the real estate market is more valuable in their former area. I won't speak for the OP, but only for some. For example, homes in the DC metro area are high and can be easy rentals for investors. I plan to sell my homes, take the money to GA, and buy the house my growing family deserved. There is more value for the money in GA, so I will cash my chips there. Also, I work in IT, so it pays well on top of that.

I see many real estate investors, including foreign investors take advantage of this. Look at San Fran....

Old 04-16-2016, 01:54 PM

78 posts, read 81,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTC Dad View Post
Alpharetta is a one of the best and most affluent suburbs in Atlanta, but anywhere in North Fulton is great (Milton, John's Creek, and Roswell). North Fulton is drastically different from Pinellas County. I lived in St. Petersburg for 4 years and like Clearwater, the zoning was erratic. You could go from multi-million dollar homes on the water to trailer parks in less than a mile. There would also be strip clubs near schools or churches. North Fulton isn't like that at all. It's very economically homogenous. The area is mainly upper middle class professionals. Also, the schools are outstanding and the area offers plenty of upscale dinning and shopping, but I still haven't found anything in Atlanta like Island Way Grill or Salt Rock Grill.
The same can be said for homes near Berkeley Lake and the creeks nearby. I believe some sports athletes live in those areas.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:53 AM

5 posts, read 5,626 times
Default How is Alpharetta?

Hi Andrew,

Just curious because I am in the same business and want to move to Alpharetta.
Did you ever move there how is the agency doing?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta