Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 06:44 PM

2 posts, read 11,811 times

Advertisements

Does anybody here know what kind of neighborhood Curtis Drive NE and Buford Highway? I'm about to buy a condominium there and I saw lots of town houses being developed. It's tucked away along buford Highway and had no idea that it even existed. But since it's along Buford Highway and close to North Druid Hills, it might turn out to be a bad investment if the neigborhood is bad. Please help!!!! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2006, 07:43 PM

148 posts, read 950,769 times
Default Feedback

pinay1978,

Buford Highway has lots of apartment buildings and it's largely Hispanic. The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce ( I'm not sure if that's the exact name ) is located on Buford Highway. It's between North Druid Hills Road and Lenox Road.

Presently, I would advise you not to buy a condominium on Buford Highway. So much of Bufford Highway is not attractive. Only a few builders have targeted Buford Highway.

John Willis has, and he is a very upscale builder. Most of his homes start at around $600,000 and range up to $1,300,000. He has built townhomes, not homes, somewhat near the intersection of Lenox Road and Buford Highway. The name of the townhome complex is either Rivers Edge or Waters Edge. These townhomes are a few years old now, and the prices initially started at around $300,000.

Buford Highway is in a state of flux and it may be a good investment down the road, but it will take years, and years, and years, and years. Making a handsome profit would be risky.

Z

Old 11-03-2006, 03:52 PM

20 posts, read 95,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
pinay1978,

Buford Highway has lots of apartment buildings and it's largely Hispanic. The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce ( I'm not sure if that's the exact name ) is located on Buford Highway. It's between North Druid Hills Road and Lenox Road.

Presently, I would advise you not to buy a condominium on Buford Highway. So much of Bufford Highway is not attractive. Only a few builders have targeted Buford Highway.

John Willis has, and he is a very upscale builder. Most of his homes start at around $600,000 and range up to $1,300,000. He has built townhomes, not homes, somewhat near the intersection of Lenox Road and Buford Highway. The name of the townhome complex is either Rivers Edge or Waters Edge. These townhomes are a few years old now, and the prices initially started at around $300,000.

Buford Highway is in a state of flux and it may be a good investment down the road, but it will take years, and years, and years, and years. Making a handsome profit would be risky.

Z
agreed. although there is a lot goin on b. hwy the area is still transitioning. it's the Latin American association down by lenox road.

Old 11-03-2006, 07:45 PM

Default Buford Highway

Buford Highway, down by Lenox Road, has a great location. You're very close to Midtown and Buckhead.

Eventually, the area may take off but it will take a long time.

Z

Old 11-03-2006, 08:25 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,759 times
I would say if you are buying and planning on keeping the property for a few years then along Buford Hwy wouldn't be a bad place to buy. Yes the strip has some pretty nasty spots along it but it is redeveloping. But if you buy now your property values will be low because people don't want to live there and in five years when the strip turns around you will have a nice piece of property. To me this makes more sense then buying in Buckhead where the prices are already high .

Old 11-04-2006, 08:09 AM

Bufird highway does have its spots. but as an investment its not a bad option. Unfortunalty many of the homes (condos) have lost a lot in terms of value. Even though they are still expensive, dot expect the value to rise any faster than other areas.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 11,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelia View Post
pinay1978,

Z

Thanks for the reply. Here's another thing: Don't you think that Buford Highway is transitioning? Because, like you said, there's all these new townhouses being built but the nasty spots are still there. Atlanta is so populated with new people from other states and don't you think that they'd have to rebuild that part of Atlanta just because we're needing more space with new people coming in? So, buying this condo 2 blocks from Lenox Rd and 1 block from N. Druid Hills wouldn't be so bad. You think?

Old 11-04-2006, 10:06 AM

it shouldnt be a bad investment. besides that area has nice condos and with lindbergh around the corner and the new devolpemnts there it will be a nicer area sooner rather than later,IMO

Old 11-04-2006, 05:47 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,340,759 times
Curtis Drive is pretty far from Lenox Rd (maps make it look close but it isn't) but you are right, Buford Hwy is seeing a lot of transition. Personally I see more transition closer to Lenox so it might take it a couple of years to get north of Druid Hills but it will. If you are willing to be patient then you could see a pretty good return on your money.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:52 AM

Default Transitioning

If there is future transitioning, it will be south-to-north, not north-to-south, and it will start at Lenox Road because it's an upscale area. There's not going to be as much transitioning up near the intersection of Buford Highway and Clairmont Road.

It's kind of strange that when you make a left-hand turn from Lenox Road onto Buford Highway-- it's like you're going from Beverly Hills to Baghdad in just a blink of eye. I'm exaggerating, but the difference is quite noticeable.

If people think the area will be a good investment, then it will take off. If people have the perception that it's not a good investment, it won't take off.

The condo market here is saturated. I don't see where Buford Highway will ever be a single-home market. It just has too many apartment buildings on the street.

Z
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta