Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 10:05 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolChevy View Post
You don't want Howard in Atlanta. Trust me. It's a reason he doesn't want to come here. I'll just say DH isn't the most popular person in SW Atlanta. His sister is better liked than he is in these neck of the woods. He's a coach killer anyway and his basketball IQ is about as low as it gets.

Or Westbrook...he's the reason OKC will never win a championship. I'll take KD any day. And I agree about Dwight Howard - no thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 10:17 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
Smh....if you became a Hawks fan since 1968 how do you do it? 48 years of nothing.

The Hawks haven't been "nothing" for 48 years just because they can't get past eventual champions like Boston, Chicago, Miami, Detroit. They have had some very good teams that were fun to watch and were good enough to win championships but just never did get over the hump. That isn't nothing in my book...many teams are entertaining without winning championships. Only five teams have won more than 3 championships in 65 years. A real fan enjoys the individual games/seasons and doesn't hang his hat simply on championships, which are very hard to come by.

The Hawks do have one championship in their history (when they were in St. Louis, which absolutely does count for the organization). There are/were 14 teams with zero.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:03 AM

2,006 posts, read 3,317,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulch View Post
Who? Ressler?
Not unlike the last ownership, it's tough to say who is making the decisions. But the blame falls on whichever racist fired Danny Ferry for the color of his skin.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:38 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
You know with the quality of groupies we have in Atlanta im very surprised at the roster Atlanta has. Very mild manner group of guys. I just always expect Atlanta to have those Mayweather, Pacman Jones, Iverson, Adrian Broner types. Maybe Michael Vick was that type, but I didnt live here then.
You mention the groupies but that's a big reason why alot of guys don't want to come here to play. A whole bunch of these guys wives, girlfriends and baby mamas stay here. They're not trying to be around them 24/7, 365. If you were a young 20, 30 something millionaire would you want to be around the ol' ball and chain all the time? The regular season outside of the actual games is like a summer camp for a lot these guys. It gives them a chance to get away and have some fun for a little bit. This isn't something that you'd hear on local sports radio or read on the local blogs. But trust me in those circles its very well known. Pretty much just one of those things that's understood but rarely said, if at all. Call it the curse of ATL sports.

And Adrian Broner, Iverson are here a lot. My barber cuts Broners hair when he is in town and I used to see Iverson around the city all the time. Even saw him at a pool party back in the day when he was playing for the Nuggets, during the season actually and dude and his homeboys probably smoked at least a half ounce worth of weed like it was nothing in less than 3 hours. Mayweather used to be here a lot too. 2 of his homeboys got killed here and he hasn't really been back like that since. Pacman is from here and I'm pretty sure his agent keeps him as far away from Atlanta as possible. You see the trouble he has gotten into in other places around the country. Could you imagine him running around here with all his Campbellton Rd/Boat Rock homeboys? That would be a disaster. And that's the other reason some guys don't want to come here- it's very easy to get into trouble here. See Javaris Crittenenton, Vernon Forest, Gold Club scandal. The sports agents are very aware of this and if they think their client doesn't have it all upstairs they will steer their client as far away from here as possible.

Like I said this is stuff that you won't here Dukes and Bell talking about on 92.9, but please believe it's a very real factor when it comes to free agency in pro sports.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:02 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,156 times
I so wanted to watch the Hawks play but my cable company only broadcasts the Hornets at prime hours. If it was broadcast here, I couldn't find it at any reasonable hour on any channel. Even though the Hawks lost, they at least forced it down to a one point victory. Still disappointing to lose at home no doubt.

#maybeoneofthesedays

Old 05-10-2016, 09:17 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
The Hawks need to make changes if they expect to seriously challenge Cleveland in the future. We need a real GM- not Coach Bud doing both jobs. We need a star that can score in the closing minutes- their offense comes to a grinding halt during game time moments. Trade Teague- he's a good player, but is simply not aggressive enough. Schroeder will only get better. Keep Bazemore, and let him start over Korver at SG. Let Al go- he's too soft and not worth a max contract. Finally, get a real center- the Hawks have been too small and soft for years.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:34 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,099,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
The Hawks need to make changes if they expect to seriously challenge Cleveland in the future. We need a real GM- not Coach Bud doing both jobs. We need a star that can score in the closing minutes- their offense comes to a grinding halt during game time moments. Trade Teague- he's a good player, but is simply not aggressive enough. Schroeder will only get better. Keep Bazemore, and let him start over Korver at SG. Let Al go- he's too soft and not worth a max contract. Finally, get a real center- the Hawks have been too small and soft for years.
Ditto to everything you said. I feel the same exact way. We for sure need a true center. Someone who can just get in the paint and bang away all night. Trade Teague now while he has value, let Horford walk unless he wants to take a big time discount and Coach Bud needs to just coach, let someone else handle the GM duties. Although with the last one I think him being both was more out of not being able to find anyone after Ferry left and the season fast approaching. From what the blogs say he is trying to get someone in the Spurs front office to come over here and be the GM. Someone he is familiar with and shares the same vision. I don't think he even wants to do both, it was more or less the best option this past year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta