Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2014, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,128 times

Advertisements

Hello there. I moved to Atlanta yesterday. I used this form to try and get some assistance during the decision making process and it was very helpful. Based on advice here, I'm renting for 6 months while I find a home. I currently rent in Brookhaven. I am now interested in looking for a home but need to get a bit more information on ITP neighborhoods. I am not very interested in sprawling suburbia but wouldn't mind a nice home with a 2 car garage and insane closet :-), I have champagne taste on a beer budget. Here are the basics:

Single
Black African
Employed
Will be commuting daily to a territory that spans from Smyrna to Norcross including all the cities between by car
Looking for a manageable commute
Townhome or Single family
Looking to purchase
250k to 300k budget
3 bed 2.5 bath 1800- 2000 sq feet (I know it's big for 1 person)
I'd need airport and Marta occasionally
No kids
Ok with cosmetic renovation/updates
2 car garage would be nice

Neighborhood: looking for safe middle class neighborhood that is racially diverse with working professionals. I'd like to meet well educated but not snobby people. I'm 36 so older people hood wouldn't be too desirable. I'm ok with up and coming if most of it has come, I am not an urban pioneer.
I'd like to meet a nice guy too so somewhere near the social scene would be nice.

I am asking for you to provide me with:

Zip codes and descriptions of some of the neighborhoods that may fit this criteria and why you would recommend it. I've found that neighborhood names don't get too many results on Real Estate sites so that's why zip codes or cross streets help. I have already narrowed down the OTP places and now need ITP help. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Musikana; 12-13-2014 at 11:46 AM.. Reason: Left out information
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 08:39 AM

371 posts, read 456,711 times
You should look into Condo/Townhome communities in northern ITP areas. I say stick to northern areas due to your commute between Smyrna and Norcross.

Lakemoore Colony (251 Lakemoore Drive Northeast, Atlanta, GA 30342) near Chastain Park has a 3 bed 2.5 bath for sale for $200k. If I'm allowed to post the link, you can find this listing on the condo's website at Lakemoore Colony Condominiums - Condos for Sale. I'm not sure if these are considered condos or townhomes, but it calls itself "A private townhome community" so there ya go. I recently was looking into this community for my own family. I can't tell you more about the demographics because I've only researched the place online. It's near Chastain Park and Buckhead, which has a snobby reputation, but there are plenty decent working professionals throughout the area so I wouldn't worry.

You might not be able to get a single family home in that price range in ITP north, but don't give up on looking! Who knows, might get lucky.

I'll let you know if I come across anything else during my own real estate search.

Good luck and welcome to Atlanta!

Old 12-15-2014, 10:18 AM

13 posts, read 29,756 times
You may check Jeh-homes.com for home info. They have a lot of new homes running between 150k up to 300k

Old 12-20-2014, 07:58 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times
Check out the Chamblee/Doraville areas.

Also might want to cheack out bdowntown East Point or Downtown College Parki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta