Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2015, 04:53 PM

5 posts, read 4,760 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone, i decided to make this topic because i would like to go to atlanta to study and see how is life there since the economy of my Country is terrible and for that reason I'm looking for options.

I would like to know how do people in atlanta treat latinos ,in my case I'm latina but I'm black too.

My english Isn't Perfect but i want to study to improve it and also i would like to know if it is easy to find a job.

I'm 25 and single ...what can u tell me to decided if it is a good idea or not ¿

I hope an answer soon.... Thank u if u help me xoxo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 04:57 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,220,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneca View Post
Hi everyone, i decided to make this topic because i would like to go to atlanta to study and see how is life there since the economy of my Country is terrible and for that reason I'm looking for options.

I would like to know how do people in atlanta treat latinos ,in my case I'm latina but I'm black too.

My english Isn't Perfect but i want to study to improve it and also i would like to know if it is easy to find a job.

I'm 25 and single ...what can u tell me to decided if it is a good idea or not ¿

No, it is not easy to find a job in Atlanta, especially if you don't have a degree or a specialized skill. Georgia has a high unemployment rate right now.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:01 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,504,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneca View Post

Latinos are generally treated well as there is a large and fast-growing Latino community in the Atlanta area.

The problem is that the job market is not necessarily where it should be at, particularly if one is not very highly-skilled.

If one does not have a well-paying job already lined up and/or one does not have a good solid social network and support system of close family members and friends living in the Atlanta area, then one probably should not necessarily move to the Atlanta area until they can get those things into place for themselves before moving there.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
No, it is not easy to find a job in Atlanta, especially if you don't have a degree or a specialized skill. Georgia has a high unemployment rate right now.
I graduated from the university here in my Country as a human resources manager and i want to validate my diploma ..but first i want to go to study english.

Thanks for your answer.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Roll View Post
Latinos are generally treated well as there is a large and fast-growing Latino community in the Atlanta area.

The problem is that the job market is not necessarily where it should be at, particularly if one is not very highly-skilled.

If one does not have a well-paying job already lined up and/or one does not have a good solid social network and support system of close family members and friends living in the Atlanta area, then one probably should not necessarily move to the Atlanta area until they can get those things into place for themselves before moving there.
I have a friend that could help me the first week but after that i would have to do things on my own.

Thanks for the help

Old 01-04-2015, 08:08 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times
Georgia will add over 71k jobs this year. I'm sure you can get one of them.

Old 01-04-2015, 09:45 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,250,231 times
You'll be just fine. Metro Atlanta has a large international community, much of it on the northern side around Buford Highway. Locals are very used to seeing people from all over and I doubt you will have any issues. Atlanta will almost certainly continue to diversify for long time to come. May I ask what country or what ethnic group you are from? If you'd like to be around natives of your home country we can probably help.

Try to get a job ahead of time and plan your location off of that. Traffic can be pretty bad here so I encourage you to live close to a Marta rail station. Many people spend several hours a day in traffic. Downtown, Midtown and Perimeter Center are large business districts with Marta access and housing of all price ranges can be found on the Marta lines. The job market is growing quickly and most anyone who is trying can find a job fairly quickly.

Last edited by joey86; 01-04-2015 at 09:55 PM..

Old 01-05-2015, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Georgia will add over 71k jobs this year. I'm sure you can get one of them.
That's great ,i hope i make the right decision

Old 01-05-2015, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
You'll be just fine. Metro Atlanta has a large international community, much of it on the northern side around Buford Highway. Locals are very used to seeing people from all over and I doubt you will have any issues. Atlanta will almost certainly continue to diversify for long time to come. May I ask what country or what ethnic group you are from? If you'd like to be around natives of your home country we can probably help.

Try to get a job ahead of time and plan your location off of that. Traffic can be pretty bad here so I encourage you to live close to a Marta rail station. Many people spend several hours a day in traffic. Downtown, Midtown and Perimeter Center are large business districts with Marta access and housing of all price ranges can be found on the Marta lines. The job market is growing quickly and most anyone who is trying can find a job fairly quickly.
I'm from Venezuela, I'm latina but black too.

Thanks for the advice about the traffic and the martha lines it's pretty helpfull for someone like me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: