Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 08:33 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,028,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Right? I'd rather see NCR develop the length of a city block with retail and other active uses, than see another enormously tall building set back from the street on a giant grassy, suburban-style lawn, like Bank of America Plaza.
I know a lot of people deride BOA Plaza as anti-urban, but I like the park-like grounds in front of the building. I've seen people from surrounding buildings using it as a park during the day...it's not off limits or anything. A city can never have too many greenspaces, and one day when that area is better developed people will appreciate this one more - I think a lot of people already do appreciate it.

I totally agree about NCR...we have other opportunities for tall towers, and this development of an entire block is a huge win for that area of Midtown - which was a collection of barren parking lots only about a decade ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2016, 09:03 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,869,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
I've seen people from surrounding buildings using it as a park during the day...it's not off limits or anything.
It is walled / fenced off from the street. My impression has been you can only get to it if you know someone in the building. It is private property so techically you are tresspassing if you don't have permission from the building first.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:20 AM

23,726 posts, read 24,851,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetar View Post
Right? I'd rather see NCR develop the length of a city block with retail and other active uses, than see another enormously tall building set back from the street on a giant grassy, suburban-style lawn, like Bank of America Plaza.
Which is why my favorite tower in Atlanta is 191 Peachtree. The lobby is accessible to anyone off the street to visit the retail at the ground floor.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:52 PM

10,743 posts, read 13,375,951 times
Great thing about BofA is that it's parking lot is buried under the building. So, no ugly surface lots / eye sore parking deck.

Old 08-13-2016, 01:58 PM

9,830 posts, read 7,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Great thing about BofA is that it's parking lot is buried under the building. So, no ugly surface lots / eye sore parking deck.
But ironically, the block it's on is filled with a huge surface parking lot, and a large parking deck.

Old 08-13-2016, 02:43 PM

5,845 posts, read 6,153,897 times
Aren't there plans in the works for developments around the BoA Plaza?

Old 08-13-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primaltech View Post
But ironically, the block it's on is filled with a huge surface parking lot, and a large parking deck.
There is no surface parking on the BOA block...I'm not sure where you're getting that. The parking deck is underground except for the top floor, which sits next/attached to the main building. The remainder of the block is beautifully landscaped and very inviting.

**I see what you're talking about - it's the parking lot for Emory Midtown. It's not associated with BOA and can't really be blamed on that building.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-13-2016 at 08:39 PM..

Old 08-13-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
It is walled / fenced off from the street. My impression has been you can only get to it if you know someone in the building. It is private property so techically you are tresspassing if you don't have permission from the building first.
It is not walled off from the street...where is the wall/fence? Unless they've installed one recently it's nonexistent. I've walked by there many times and never noticed anything impeding people from using the grounds. I've seen people sitting around on the benches that line the walkway leading up to the entrance.

**I just looked at google maps and there is absolutely no wall or fence around the front or side of BOA Plaza. There is one that is part of a double staircase that leads down from a small plaza above a parking entrance on North Avenue, but the front and most of the North Avenue side are completely open and quite beautiful.

Last edited by JoeTarheel; 08-13-2016 at 08:43 PM..

Old 08-13-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Exactly. I don't know where people are seeing these surface lots and walls/fences. I've never seen any of that.

Old 08-13-2016, 08:14 PM

396 posts, read 601,252 times
^ this beautiful behemoth, from what i understand, is on of the parking garages for BofA:

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.7704...8i6656!6m1!1e1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta