Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:52 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreets6 View Post
Ha!

List 'em.
Strickly the skyline. Not mountains, etc.

NYC
Chicago
Philly/Miami

Atlanta

Again we are only talking about the skyline. If mountains was added Seattle, San Fran and LA would be above Atlanta on this list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2015, 10:43 AM

72 posts, read 70,547 times
The video was nice! I love the colored lighting that is being added to the crowns and facades of different buildings, e.g. Centennial Tower, Georgia Pacific Tower, and City Hall. I wonder how BoA Plaza might look with a color other than the "city lights" orange. It would be nice to see themed lighting given the time of year on BoA, like red/green for Christmas, pink for Breast Cancer month, red/blue on Election Day, rainbow for Gay Pride. Just a thought. Who should I talk to? lol.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:50 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n3w5_junk13 View Post
The video was nice! I love the colored lighting that is being added to the crowns and facades of different buildings, e.g. Centennial Tower, Georgia Pacific Tower, and City Hall. I wonder how BoA Plaza might look with a color other than the "city lights" orange. It would be nice to see themed lighting given the time of year on BoA, like red/green for Christmas, pink for Breast Cancer month, red/blue on Election Day, rainbow for Gay Pride. Just a thought. Who should I talk to? lol.
So it's just colored spotlights shining on the city hall? That explains it.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:58 AM

72 posts, read 70,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
So it's just colored spotlights shining on the city hall? That explains it.
Yep, that's my understanding of things, though I haven't confirmed that with a drive-by. It adds some color to what could be more boring at night.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:12 AM

3,006 posts, read 2,629,648 times
Quote:
That would be really cool. Sometimes 191 Peachtree changes the colors of its dual crowns. I love it when it's blue.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:05 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
CNN did this thing on election night where they lit up the empire state building counting the senate seats, so anyone who had a view of the tower could keep track of the election results. when the republicans won the senate, it lit up red:

having election results in a public way like this seems like a good way to engage people. i think it would be fantastic if we could have some sort of public signage for the election. maybe we could have a ticker at the bottom of a building downtown and have a big party out front, and when the winner was announced, the spire could flash red or blue to tell everyone across the city.

Old 01-15-2015, 12:08 PM

7,112 posts, read 10,132,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Top 5 skyline in the country
Sez who?

Old 01-15-2015, 08:17 PM

46 posts, read 68,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Strickly the skyline. Not mountains, etc.

NYC
Chicago
Philly/Miami

Atlanta

Again we are only talking about the skyline. If mountains was added Seattle, San Fran and LA would be above Atlanta on this list

Mountains are part of skyline though. I'll give ATL top 15 but not top five.

Chicago [vimeo]109354891[/vimeo]
Cityscape Chicago II on Vimeo

NYC
Seattle
Las Vegas
Philly
Pittsburgh
LA
San Fran
Dallas

All rank higher than ATL.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:26 PM

408 posts, read 581,020 times
very cool!

Old 01-15-2015, 10:57 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,481,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreets6 View Post

Chicago [vimeo]109354891[/vimeo]
Cityscape Chicago II on Vimeo

Wow, just wow. Both of those videos were very well done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta