Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 07:10 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,377,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreets6 View Post

All more intriguing than some building in Buckhead...

Uhhhhh.... I THINK I stated that as MY OWN OPINION, which I am entitled to have with or without your permission. I find the Sovereign an interesting building and it isn't just "some building." It has a very interesting design that I like and I will continue to like it. If you don't like your own city, that's your tough luck.

If you can't handle other people's opinions, you don't need to be on a forum... Everyone doesn't have to agree with you nor does everyone have to explain anything to you. If you don't like my opinions, tuff tit. Don't read 'em. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 07:54 PM

46 posts, read 68,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaIsHot View Post
Uhhhhh.... I THINK I stated that as MY OWN OPINION, which I am entitled to have with or without your permission. I find the Sovereign an interesting building and it isn't just "some building." It has a very interesting design that I like and I will continue to like it. If you don't like your own city, that's your tough luck.

If you can't handle other people's opinions, you don't need to be on a forum... Everyone doesn't have to agree with you nor does everyone have to explain anything to you. If you don't like my opinions, tuff tit. Don't read 'em. Bye.
Ha, and it is my opinion that 3344 Peachtree is nowhere near as interesting as an 108 story skyscraper that is the 8th tallest freestanding structure in the world with it's bundled tube architecture design, let alone the countless other buildings in Chicago that I've briefly shown.

Thanks for the laugh buddy.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:44 PM

348 posts, read 434,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exxonhh View Post
LOL you think Buckhead alone is better than Philly? I know everybody has their own opinion but wow that's a strange one..

Way better!! Philly is even lucky to have skyscrapers at all. They had some restriction to not have a building higher than the statue within its downtown skyline. And I like Philly and love the skyline so it's not a diss of the city at all.

I think it's more of the surrounding area that looks more urban that may make Philly's better in some people's opinion. I can see that being the case.

http://phillyskyline.com/misc/wallpa...er_skyline.jpg

versus

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...d-buckhead.jpg

Sorry tried to add it where you can see the picture and can never get it right. Even followed this link:

//www.city-data.com/forum/faq/8...ing-posts.html

Oh well...

Old 01-18-2015, 11:05 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,130,796 times
My opinion is that this thread was not supposed to turn into a pissing contest between the skylines of Atlanta, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, and Houston.

I thought the thread was supposed to be about a cool timelapse video. It is a cool timelapse video. Nice visuals.

- skbl17

Old 01-19-2015, 07:32 AM

364 posts, read 418,335 times
My first experience going to Houston late last year was it had a very nice massing of skyscrapers for downtown, but then I was grossed out by the bombardment of ****ty retail along the highways with feeder roads plus signs that shoot into the sky for your attention, billboard overload, and then I did notice that there were lots of skyscrapers in random places. Also the lack of trees compared to Atlanta. Also Atlanta gets a bad wrap for sprawl, but Houston seemed just as bad. Had to do work in Rosenberg and it seemed like miles and miles of cheap houses with little trees. I commend GDOT for having the foresight to enforce tree buffers along all the major highways where the space was available.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:26 AM

7,112 posts, read 10,133,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
My first experience going to Houston late last year was it had a very nice massing of skyscrapers for downtown, but then I was grossed out by the bombardment of ****ty retail along the highways with feeder roads plus signs that shoot into the sky for your attention, billboard overload, and then I did notice that there were lots of skyscrapers in random places. Also the lack of trees compared to Atlanta. Also Atlanta gets a bad wrap for sprawl, but Houston seemed just as bad. Had to do work in Rosenberg and it seemed like miles and miles of cheap houses with little trees. I commend GDOT for having the foresight to enforce tree buffers along all the major highways where the space was available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRiKZVfDW8Q

Old 01-19-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfarley30 View Post
Wow! Some I agree with but most no.

ATL a top 15?! Buckhead's skyline alone is better than Las Vegas, Philly, Pittsburgh, LA, and Dallas!!
I missed this. Wow no, Buckhead still has a way to go to best any of the above. Atlantans are very delusional.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skbl17 View Post
My opinion is that this thread was not supposed to turn into a pissing contest between the skylines of Atlanta, Chicago, LA, Philadelphia, and Houston.

I thought the thread was supposed to be about a cool timelapse video. It is a cool timelapse video. Nice visuals.

- skbl17
I guess because the thread was yet another example of Atlanta's narcissism. Just trying to keep things in proper perspective.

Old 01-19-2015, 11:51 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,933,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathmanMathman View Post
I missed this. Wow no, Buckhead still has a way to go to best any of the above. Many ex-Atlantans are very delusional.
Fixed it for you.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
Fixed it for you.
No...it was right the first time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta