Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,493 times

Advertisements

I am looking to relocate to Marietta, I am looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath home or a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom. I have bad credit and I am working with Lexington Law trying to repair. I was young made a lot of bad decision. Is there any place that I can apply at that will not check my credit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 01:54 PM

7,582 posts, read 10,769,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjones40 View Post
I am looking to relocate to Marietta, I am looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath home or a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom. I have bad credit and I am working with Lexington Law trying to repair. I was young made a lot of bad decision. Is there any place that I can apply at that will not check my credit?
Apartment demand is high right now, which means it is a landlord's market more than a renter's market.

This means landlord's can be more choosey.

I would call complexes ahead and tell them up front of what they would find a credit check and see if there is a way around it (this way you waste little time and money). Some ways around it would be to pay your last months or last couple of months of rent ahead of time. This reduces risk to the landlord, since if they have to evict you to non-payment they won't lose as much money.

I would also consider renting privately owned places. Try classified listings of some type. There are several websites for this. Private individuals don't always do credit checks, but they will judge how you more by how you act socially when you meet them to infer what risk you might be to them.

Good luck

Old 01-07-2016, 07:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,375 times
I am a single mom looking for a house to rent...unfortunately I was in the process to be evicted but was never served bc I moved out before...I couldn't work for a month, which is how the eviction process start. I can afford my rent just at the time I didn't have anyone to watch my child at the time...someone help me on how I can find a private owner I can rent from. I am looking for a 3bed 2bath place to rent

Last edited by Helpme2016; 01-07-2016 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Added more

Old 01-11-2016, 08:08 PM

297 posts, read 271,402 times
I was helping a friend in a similar situation so I can understand your struggle. This person had children as well. They ended up renting a room from someone I believe as a sub-lease. I think that's probably the best solution is to find a person with good credit and rent a room from that person. Evidently there are other folks that are looking for a way to help out with their rent. Now what I don't know is if the landlord has full knowledge of the situation. I really don't think the care as long as they are getting their rent and there are so many people doing this in a low-income situation they don't meddle with the situation. The other thing I strongly recommend is finding a support organization like a church. If you're not religious there are different type of socio-economic and ethnic groups like the Latin American Association. There's a lot of help out there for this situation as long as your are trying to live the right way(pay your bills, stay out of trouble with the law, ect).

Old 02-03-2016, 08:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,289 times
Question need a place to rent!

Hello,

I am looking for rental places in cobb county and nearby cities. We are a nice family with 3 children and because of unfortunate circumstances have negative issues in our credit. We have the money to rent but are facing possibly being homeless because of credit and rental history. If anyone knows of any places that would be willing to work with our situation please advise. Thanks

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,052 times
hello iam looking to rent something I had something to come up on my credit when I got hit by a truck and had to move but I honestly do deserve a second chance

Old 10-11-2017, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 914 times
Default Try local groups like churches...

When I got divorced and my ex husband had messed up our credit, I went to my local church who had contacts at some of the apartment complexes in my area. They had an agreement with some of the local apartments where the church vouched for me so they didn't do a credit check, they took a smaller down payment, and helped me out with rent for the first month so I could pay the deposits on the utilities. It really helped at a time when I was simply down on my luck. When I was back on my feet, I then donated to the fund they used to help me so they could help other people.

Old 05-17-2018, 12:30 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,972 times
Craigslist and/or Facebook Marketplace for seeking home rentals and room rentals. This will bring you to a high number of informal listings where some landlords do not do credit checks.

However, be prepared to supply a solid deposit, up to a full month's rent, along with your first month's rent. Also, have paystubs / W2's ready, and a list of references (that you've called within the past week to verify they understand they may be contacted).

Best of luck to all looking, it takes time looking at hundreds of listings to find the right place. But you'll thank yourself you put in the effort to research.

Old 05-30-2018, 02:41 PM

14 posts, read 8,588 times
There are apartments you can get into with no credit check.
Look on Buford Hwy in Dekalb County. Zip code 30324, 30319, 30341
Drive north on Buford Hwy from Cheshire Bridge. You'll see the apartment complexes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta