Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 10:42 AM

1 posts, read 100,320 times

Advertisements

I AM LOOKING FOR AN APARTMENT WITH NO CREDIT CHECK WITHIN THE ATLANTA AREA. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH THIS IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLACES CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM LOOKING TO MOVE ASAP SO PLEASE IF YOU KNOW OF ANY PLACES THAT HAS NO CREDIT CHECK PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT cecesarcia at yahoo dot com THANK YOU I REALLY APPRECIATE IT
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 11:05 AM

37 posts, read 281,208 times
I doubt you'll find any apartment complex willing to rent without the standard credit/criminal backgound checks. Your best will be finding a private landlord. Explain your situation and see if you can work something out.

Have you already been turned down by apartment complexes? Do you have some evictions on your credit report? I know everyone likes quick, short-term solutions, but if possible you might be better off moving in with a relative or friend with their own home while you work through your credit issues.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:36 AM

109 posts, read 485,360 times
I agree with Cigar. You may have better luck with a private owner. Many simply do a rental history check (which obviously isn't that reliable).

Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 PM

10 posts, read 118,782 times
Everything is based on credit.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:10 PM

259 posts, read 1,323,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelovezlaw View Post
Everything is based on credit.
Unless you give the landlord six months' rent in advance. Then, you might be able to work a deal on the credit check.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:06 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casualobserver View Post
Unless you give the landlord six months' rent in advance. Then, you might be able to work a deal on the credit check.
I'm not sure they even do this anymore.

Years ago when I was younger, my credit score was "soso". I lived in some apartments that wound up getting torn down to make way for a new road. The D.O.T. paid us $$ to move out quickly so they wouldn't have any hassles. So I found a new place and my credit score knocked me out of being able to get an apartment there. So I offered to basically pay the full 12 month lease in advance, draining all the money I was paid to move, but, it worked. They let me in. Still, that was the ENTIRE lease paid in advance, and, it was before it was so easy to pull up credit info online like they can in seconds now. Heck, banks won't even let you open a simple checking account now if your credit score is low.

Even with a private home owner that has an apartment, you may need to explain a bit. Some folks might be scared that if you're trying to avoid a credit check, it means you're in a lot of debt and may not pay your bills (as in rent) on time. So be cautious as to making sure you're completely upfront and honest about your situation.

Oh, and P.S... typing in ALL CAPS means you're yelling.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:24 AM

11 posts, read 154,109 times
Default For credit flexibility, check Craigslist.org

Click on apts/housing, and search "bad credit ok" in that forum, You'll get lots of results to work with! Maybe you can copy/paste this, I can't make it link for the life of me!
Hope this helps!

atlanta craigslist > apts/housing for rent: search for "bad credit ok"

Old 01-08-2008, 07:53 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
I think one thing to point out to someone though is that they need to think about who their neighbors are going to be if they go into one of these, "bad credit ok" complexes.

We have no idea who you (cecesarcia) are. You might be like some people and be a very nice person who just happens to have a very low credit score due to a couple of booboos, or maybe just being very young and not yet establishing a credit history, etc. Then again, you might be a deadbeat or bum. We can't tell from text.

However, if you have an entire apartment complex and advertise "bad credit ok", I'll be willing to bet some dollars that not a ton of your neighbors are going to be "nice people who just happen to have low scores". Most likely you'll be surrounded by a certain number of illegal immigrants, and/or people who don't exactly respect their neighbors.

If you can't go to a "regular" complex and pay in advance to maybe sway them, then I'd re-enforce the "seek a private place in someone's home, etc" route to avoid being surrounded by a bad neighborhood.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 AM

259 posts, read 1,323,852 times
[quote=International Playgirl;2450187]Click on apts/housing, and search "bad credit ok" in that forum, You'll get lots of results to work with!quote]

LOL! Ain't the internet a wonderful thing. Sounds like there is something for everybody out there.

More seriously, if paying in advance doesn't work anymore, would a co-signor arrangement work?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:28 AM

849 posts, read 3,527,121 times
Default not so

Sometimes very good honest people get in to difficulties like illness. Most who are responsible will do anything legal to keep the roof over their heads but sometimes their credit and finances take a hit along the way. Bankruptcy was made legal to remove the stigma but the "credit bureau" has put it back. Both my husband and I worked for them years ago and if people really knew what goes on, they'd operate on a cash only basis.

I've never lived in a "bad credit ok" place only in ones where we were screened very carefully and let me tell you, there were deadbeats being evicted every week. Also lots of police cruising thru because you know what? A criminal background check only reports convictions. A bad guy can be out on 500K bond for trafficking and still be living in your nice gated complex with nothing on his record. It's not good, hardworking people who can afford all those fancy cars parked there. The only thing a background shows is that someone had a good lawyer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I think one thing to point out to someone though is that they need to think about who their neighbors are going to be if they go into one of these, "bad credit ok" complexes.

We have no idea who you (cecesarcia) are. You might be like some people and be a very nice person who just happens to have a very low credit score due to a couple of booboos, or maybe just being very young and not yet establishing a credit history, etc. Then again, you might be a deadbeat or bum. We can't tell from text.

However, if you have an entire apartment complex and advertise "bad credit ok", I'll be willing to bet some dollars that not a ton of your neighbors are going to be "nice people who just happen to have low scores". Most likely you'll be surrounded by a certain number of illegal immigrants, and/or people who don't exactly respect their neighbors.

If you can't go to a "regular" complex and pay in advance to maybe sway them, then I'd re-enforce the "seek a private place in someone's home, etc" route to avoid being surrounded by a bad neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta