Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:42 PM

69 posts, read 73,401 times

Advertisements

There will definitely be 3 bedroom homes in the Woodstock area in your price range. Woodstock is a safe, relatively quiet community with a vibrant downtown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2015, 12:52 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Acworth. I don't know of any unsafe spots in Woodstock.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:59 PM

10 posts, read 17,842 times
Thanks everybody! Also loved pic- just checked it out today. But any towns like Woodstock in the southern suburbs?

Old 01-19-2015, 07:16 PM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle855 View Post
Thanks everybody! Also loved pic- just checked it out today. But any towns like Woodstock in the southern suburbs?
Well Serenbe is kind of like Woodstock but smaller and less urban. There's places with downtowns like Fayetteville, Hampton, and Jonesboro, but there isn't any residential development. I heard Griffin has a downtown like that, but i'm not too sure.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:50 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,876,001 times
Richie Havens saved Woodstock with his extended set as scheduled bands were late . He carried the show with his unique guitar playing and his tense strumming . Havens would bar his long fingers over the fret board from above rarely ever seen in folk circles. His signature voice was what elevated him to music legend some say icon (I'm rolling with both) . When I met Richie in Tampa we discussed his cult hit "freedom" but when I said I loved his rendition of Eleanor Rigby this now absent poet replied " yes it a beautiful song". You see it was never about Havens as he possessed two personas albeit music and humility my first major lesson as a purveyor of tunes.
The other icon I met in Clearwater was " Melanie" ( Melanie Safka) make, "Queen of Woodstock" who recorded some 20 plus albums and later CD's . She tours today with her nearly prodigy guitarist son , but Melanie's vocals have faded into blue with
age ,but she still maintains a fan base even in Europe. My poem
"Tunes" appeared in her discography for a few years until they
did an update.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:03 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Well Serenbe is kind of like Woodstock but smaller and less urban. There's places with downtowns like Fayetteville, Hampton, and Jonesboro, but there isn't any residential development. I heard Griffin has a downtown like that, but i'm not too sure.
I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen any of the old Southside downtowns you mentioned, but I have been to downtown Newnan. I thought it was fantastic, but it was years ago. I need to go back, and I also need to explore more of the Southside.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:15 AM

10,396 posts, read 11,496,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrielle855 View Post
Some towns with great village-like downtowns in the Southern suburbs that immediately come to mind are Newnan (like JMatl stated) and Senoia (which has an adorable village-like downtown that is known for being a frequent shooting location for the popular Cable TV series "The Walking Dead".

Newnan has many retail/shopping and commercial amenities near the busy I-85/GA 34 interchange and some good schools in the Coweta County school system while Senoia is semi-rural with very little to no real heavy suburban development in the immediate area.

But there really are no areas in the Southern suburbs that compare directly to Woodstock.

That's because Woodstock is located in the rolling foothills of the Blue Ridge/Southern Appalachian Mountains immediately near Lake Allatoona (a highly valued and treasured major source of water and recreation for Northwest Metro Atlanta) with virtual direct access to both the numerous amenities of the heavily-populated Northside of the Atlanta region (the area of the region north of Interstate 20) and the scenic and recreational amenities of the aforementioned Blue Ridge/Southern Appalachian Mountains of North Georgia, Eastern Tennessee and Western North Carolina.

With all of the numerous amenities and the very high quality-of-life that the Woodstock area has to offer, if you love Woodstock then you should definitely place Woodstock near the top of your list and the make the Woodstock area your main relocation focus.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:41 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit I've never seen any of the old Southside downtowns you mentioned, but I have been to downtown Newnan. I thought it was fantastic, but it was years ago. I need to go back, and I also need to explore more of the Southside.
There isn't really much to do at these downtowns, unfortunately.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:08 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,361,554 times
Downtown Jonesboro (Gone with the Wind museum and tourism)
Downtown Fayetteville has (has a few interesting shops and restaurants on the courthouse square, Doc Holiday Museum)
Downtown McDonough (charming Court house Square with antique and specialty shops as well as restaurants)
Downtown Newnan (Reminds me of the Marrietta Square with their restaurant and boutique offerings)
Downtown Senoia (Kind of like a "village version" of the Newnan Square)
Downtown Locust Grove/ Downtown Hampton (Charming small town downtowns with a few shops and restaurants in the mode and style of Fayetteville Courthouse Square)
Downtown Morrow (Kind of replaced with Southlake Mall in the mid 1970's, but there are department stores and boutiques at the mall. Morrow tourism board considers the mall as "downtown Morrow")
Downtown Forest Park (Very mid-century post WWII on Main Street and Forest Parkway, many store fronts on Main Street were torn down a few years ago for a yet-to-be-built transit village. While not exactly vibrant since the opening of Southlake Mall in Morrow in the mid-70's, before the "transit village" teardown it had a "blue-collar" solidarity.
Downtown College Park (Charming shops/ restaurants on Main Street including some "white table cloth" establishments
Downtown Hapeville (Original Chick-fil-la Dwarf House and a Main Street (Central Avenue) with restaurants appealing to the nearby Delta crowd.
Downtown East Point (Handfull of shops and restaurants with the usual bank branches. Seems to lack the cute factors and critical mass of downtown College Park due South)

Perhaps they have greatly improved it, but I saw little to do in downtown Woodstock the last time I was there.

Old 01-20-2015, 10:16 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
There's not much to say about Woodstock that isn't good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta