Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 10:13 AM

10,974 posts, read 10,812,306 times

Advertisements

Yeah, there is a lot of good potential in Hapeville. Nice small town feel with some big employers near by and a good chance that they will get a stop when transit is extended into Clayton Co.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 10:31 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,371,064 times
Hapeville is nice, as is all of the historic parts of the tri-cities. Crime is at the same level as College Park and East Point - particularly property crime, but Hapeville benefits from being half the size of CP and a quarter the size of EP, but with much more revenue coming in proportionally with Delta and now Porsche as employment centers. They are doing good things there. A realtor friend of mine just bought in EP though because Hapeville inventory is currently low.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:21 PM

246 posts, read 314,048 times
Thanks for the feedback, all.

I always wondered how much tax revenue came into Hapeville from the larger employers, at least, compared to East Point and College Park. It's a big deal, and something to think about, when a city has to pay for firefighters, police, schools, and just keeping general civil order. Without that revenue, you may have to raise property taxes.

I also saw some DOT plans (hopefully not expired or cancelled) to put a nice sidewalk and fence by the railroad track on Central Avenue. That is going to look nice.

Old 01-22-2015, 04:34 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,341,234 times
Why would you equate a "dangerous area" comment with Black people? Crime knows no color. Incidentally, Hapeville really seems to have a larger overall White population than the rest of the Tri-Cities area. This, of course is anecdotal through what I have seen through observation. Other than the older White crowd that you also find in neighboring Forest Park, I really see more Asians and Hispanics around Hapeville than Blacks. Maybe I am wrong.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:33 PM

564 posts, read 883,943 times
I'm not saying that Black People = Crime, but let's be frank, in this city people on this forum and in the atl metro generally consider a " bad area or a sketchy place" ain areas with high concentration of black folks. Hence why Clayton County gets such a bad rep. Even though as you and I both know it's a area thats very nice to live. By no means do I think that's true

Old 01-22-2015, 07:51 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,893,463 times
South of I20 has a bad reputation because of its numerous pockets of crime and questionable areas. When I moved here my aunt, who has been here since the mid 90's, cringes at the thought of living anywhere there. I personally find it one of the few affordable areas left with proximity to the MARTA train and city amenities

Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 PM

1,990 posts, read 2,341,234 times
"South of I-20" includes many vibrant areas of the City of Atlanta such as East Atlanta and Grant Park, family oriented suburbs, and 2/3 of the State of Georgia by the way. ;0)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta