Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 12:09 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
BTW, I understand that Vanquish and Reign drew a much seedier crowd than Vision ever did.

Everybody went to Vision. I always saw a tremendous diversity of people there. If you didn't like a vibe, you could always go into a different room. For women, I imagine the ability to run away from men trying to hit on them was a big plus.

I don't know if I ever actually visited Vanquish or Reign. But my wife and her friends had a girls night out there a while back, and she reported it was full of "disgusting men that wouldn't leave us alone."

She never reported that problem at Vision. Which actually, may have been because I was always there with her. But she said the clientele at Vanquish and Reign was much lower class than it ever was at Vision, despite how much more money is in the immediate area now.
I never understood why women go out and are shocked men are approaching them. Reign and Vision had the exact same demographics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 12:19 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
I don't think too many folks in Midtown will be crying over this.

Club like this belong in a 24 hour entertainment district like Edgewood.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I never understood why women go out and are shocked men are approaching them. Reign and Vision had the exact same demographics
Because women like to go out, have a good time and not be hit on constantly.

This is one of the reasons straight women love going to gay bars. They can have a good time, and let their guard down.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:30 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,784,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post

This is one of the reasons straight women love going to gay bars. They can have a good time, and let their guard down.
I thought all the men in Atlanta were gay and Atlanta had a horrible dating scene. It can't be that bad if straight women are going to gay bars to avoid men....We got one poster on here that says in every dating thread that the dating scene is horrible and men don't approach women. Now this has been said on here by the same poster for Years!

Btw i wish i had that problem as a man in reverse

Last edited by afdinatl; 01-29-2015 at 12:46 PM..

Old 01-29-2015, 12:31 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,235,774 times
There needs to be something at that location that brings street activity during the daytime.

So strange that Dewberry has sat on that neighboring parcel for so long. You'd think he could sell the land for a sweet profit if he doesn't want to develop it.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:08 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,034,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
I thought all the men in Atlanta were gay and Atlanta had a horrible dating scene. It can't be that bad if straight women are going to gay bars to avoid men....We got one poster on here that says in every dating thread that the dating scene is horrible and men don't approach women. Now this has been said on here by the same poster for Years!

Btw i wish i had that problem as a man in reverse
I don't know any sane women who go to the club looking for people to date seriously.

Can it be done? Sure, but you are stacking the odds against you.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:20 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,055,812 times
Quote:
But they don't mind being hit on some. Shoot, I'm not the jealous type, if my wife goes out and wants to dance with some other guy, it's really fine by me (I'm not a good dancer anyway). What she was telling me, though, was it wasn't just guys wanting to have casual dances, they were seedy guys who wouldn't leave them alone. And most of the girls she went out with were single, and would have been open to maybe meeting some non-disgusting men.

Oh well, you could go back and forth on this forever, as this experience could happen at any club.

I agree that the city needs a club district, and maybe Edgewood is the place for that. However, it is still rather grimy down there, and I think club goers deserve an area in a nice part of town where they can get dressed up and not have to worry about getting stabbed on the way back to their cars.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:34 PM

687 posts, read 744,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
I don't think too many folks in Midtown will be crying over this.

Club like this belong in a 24 hour entertainment district like Edgewood.
If only it was 24 hours....try 8 or 9.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:06 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,083,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post

As a card-carrying *** hag, I heartily concur.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:04 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,931,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
As a card-carrying *** hag, I heartily concur.
LOL! Thanks, Lovin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: