Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 03:42 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,790,143 times

Advertisements

So the sign just went up for the Smyrna Sprouts even though construction isn't supposed to start until 2015. I'm hoping they pushed the timetable forward.

Has anyone in the Smyrna area heard anything?
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 04:57 PM

950 posts, read 3,197,120 times
Quote:
Phoenix-based Sprouts Farmers Market has opened the first of many planned Atlanta area locations. Sprouts at The Shoppes at Webb Gin in Snellville opened earlier this morning after hosting a neighborhood preview party yesterday. Next to open will be a location in Dunwoody on July 16th. Later in the year, Sprouts plans to open at the new Fuqua project in Peachtree Corners August 20th and in Johns Creek on September 17th. A previously announced location in Cumming has been pushed to next year. Locations at the Gateway Project in Sandy Springs, in Smyrna and at the Fuqua project on Piedmont are also slated to open next year.
Source

Source

Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 PM

950 posts, read 3,197,120 times
Here is what someone wrote in the comment section on the older Smyrna-Vinings Patch article:
Quote:
Nashawn AM June 24, 2014 at 02:51 PM
Okay - talked to someone at Sprouts. There are plans for a Smyrna location but nothing is certain. Things could change (nature of business). Will know for sure by the end of the year (I plan to follow up then). Basically...we have to wait and see if all things fall into place. Hope they don't hit any snags in the process. I left a come to Smyrna rally cry on my recorded customer relations call, so hopefully that helps. =) =p
Source

Old 06-28-2014, 11:29 PM

Thanks. So it sounds like as of Nashawn's call to Sprouts, it's still slated for next year. What was weird is they've already added the Sprouts sign to the shopping center sign holder here (old street view, so it's not on yet). It's not like a billboard or something, but the final sign, and it probably would have had to have been done by Sprouts. It made me wonder if they are going to build and open early. But based on the it's to say "we're coming" :-)

I would have expected them to wait until it opened to add its sign. Is it normal for retail businesses to add their final signs early for something that isn't going to open until the following year?

Last edited by netdragon; 06-28-2014 at 11:48 PM..

Old 09-25-2014, 12:51 PM

Sprouts Smyrna is finally under construction! They are throwing things up quickly. For those not familiar with the area, this one is at the corner of South Cobb Drive and East-West Connector.

This one is one day older than the other two:

The other two pictures are from a couple days back. You can see that in one day, they almost threw up an entire wall of the store (cinder-blocks, no facade yet). I wish I were that fast at masonry. We shouldn't get too excited. Finishing work tends to take much longer than throwing up the shell.

You can see the midtown skyline poking through the trees in this picture (from the silver comet trail extension, you see a lot more of it).

It's unfortunate that parking will be in front. Prior to the developers landing Sprouts, we had gotten them to agree to move most parking to the back and move the buildings forward. However, Sprouts took up so much space that it had to be moved back to the front. I'll take the Sprouts over rear parking, however.

The brick walkway you see above (actually stamped stained concrete) was not in the original design, nor were sidewalks throughout the development. Being near the silver comet trail and all, a couple years back (about 6 months before Sprouts signed on) we got them to add sidewalks and crosswalks throughout the development.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:08 PM

787 posts, read 971,642 times
Sweet, Sprouts is da ****! Good prices too, can't wait!

Old 09-25-2014, 01:12 PM

787 posts, read 971,642 times
Great location, I plan on moving to SW Atlanta and this location is a convenient ride, but wonder what are the chances it comes to CampCreek.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry X View Post
Great location, I plan on moving to SW Atlanta and this location is a convenient ride, but wonder what are the chances it comes to CampCreek.
I think it'd be tough, for now. When they run the demographic numbers for the surrounding 3 mi from that Ben Hill/East Point location, it includes some areas with really low average incomes. Whereas the Sprouts location in Smyrna included not just Smyrna but pretty much all of Vinings, and a few Buckhead neighborhoods. In fact, the location they chose in Smyrna wasn't their first choice. The first tried to get in West Village and Ivy Walk, which are both a bit closer to Buckhead and Vinings but neither of them had room. Additionally, although Cascade Heights and the area just OTP has some wealthy people, it's probably too close to the Smyrna one to justify getting its own.
If they keep building mcmansions around Ben Hill and Sandtown, and if East Point and College Park continues to gentrify, then maybe someday. However, it's possible they'd stick it closer to Peachtree City instead so they could get those people and Peachtree City people at the same time (especially considering Cascade people can go to the Smyrna one)

Old 09-25-2014, 01:47 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,955,800 times
Nice. They've opened the one in Snellville. It's right by my house but I haven't been to it yet.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:45 PM

390 posts, read 909,061 times
I think this location will do very well for them, looking forward to it opening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta