Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2015, 05:54 AM

4 posts, read 3,338 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Hoping you can help me out, I'll try not to ask the typical questions of a "possible" newcomer to the Atlanta area We may be relocating for husbands job., he travels all over the south. I however have an established Reiki practice here in Ohio and I know as with any job I'd have to rebuild client base, relationships with other like minded people etc. So I'm not scared per se, just wondering what the alternative health scene is like in the area? Are there meet ups with more than just a handful of practitioners? Does GA. have specific regulations on Reiki practitioners like some other states do? I don't want to pay/attend a massotherapy school (not a dig on LMT's I just don't want to take classes for something I don't want to pursue) to practice Reiki I guess is what I'm getting at haha. I've done all my classes and interned for over a year to become someone who not only gives Reiki sessions but can teach it. So I'm just a little scared to give up my clients and students here and not be well received there. Also are there better areas to live in that anyone would recommend for proximity of wellness centers etc? We don't care about schools our daughter married her Marine and lives in N.C. a commute doesn't matter for work as my spouse drives all over the Southeast for customers. We like to be near some activity like great pubs, eateries, unique shops, enjoy love music now and then and of course alternative healing if possible! Pretty open to all areas that are fairly safe basically. We like the outdoors being near water etc. but we aren't necessarily into kayaking, fishing and the likes. Hope that helps. Both in our 40s so we like a variety of activities to choose from. Also we can rent for upwards of $1400 mth or buy if the right place manifested itself. Would love to live in downtown area a cool enclave area but prices seem high and we can't do a condo since we need a garage. Hubby has a motorcycle and a 55' Chevy How are taxes? Any fees for registering motorcycles, cars etc. We are from Ohio now but have lived in FL. AL. and MI. so I know it can vary A LOT on taxing and ad valorum fees etc. Thanks so much in advance. Looking forward to input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2015, 08:55 AM

371 posts, read 456,646 times
I'm part of a spiritual health meet up group, and we have a Reiki practitioner in the group. I'm not sure how official/experienced/legit she is, as I haven't been to a Reiki circle yet. But the alternative spirituality/holistic health scene is actually pretty strong here, most people would just never know it.

A lot of the group members live in or spend most of their time in East Atlanta. The East Atlanta Village scene is super alternative, and one would be surprised by how many folks over there are into Eastern medicine/spirituality/etc. There's plenty of bars, music shows, places to eat there too. Many unique places to shop in Little Five Points too.

I don't know about any official regulations for Reiki practitioners. But I know for a fact that you'd have a solid client base, as long as you're in the right area. I can ask around among the people I know for some more information. If you're on Facebook, I can invite you to the meet up group.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,338 times
Thanks oui oui not sure where we'll end up residing just yet but travelling around to meet up with like minded people and getting the healing energy out there would be great. Is it ok if I message you? Not even sure how to do that haha..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta