Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 AM

118 posts, read 199,186 times

Advertisements

flyonpa,

This is one of the purposes of the board right, to get help with these kinds of questions. I appreciated the advice, but what was the point of mentioning my past post about Alpharetta..... I used to work in Alpharetta, now I work in the heart of the City, obviously my situation has changed....

Did my past post bother you in some way ?

Appreciate all of the input from everyone else thus far. There is nothing special about Camp Creek to us, it just looked like this neighborhood might work for what we are trying to do.

Last edited by plucas001; 02-16-2015 at 06:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 06:13 AM

118 posts, read 199,186 times
Houses in my subdivision appear to be appraising much higher than the purchase value. I know that selling home comes with an associated cost. But this is not what I need advice on, I appreciate those who gave advice that stayed in the context of the question.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:17 AM

4,209 posts, read 4,745,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go falcons View Post
Yes I can. You can find the crime stats on sites like Zip skinny. You can find the school ratings on Great Schools and other State sites ( nearly all of the elementary schools in Peachtree City made the top 100 list of great schools in Georgia )Peachtree City's zip code is 30269, Fayetteville is 30214/15.
Also look at the list of foreclosures in the last 5 years .The Campcreek area wins that one hands down.
You can do your own research ,so have at it....
I don't see how foreclosures make an area bad. And I wasn't talking about Peachtree City, everybody knows they have great schools. I don't see how you can make a statement that the Camp Creek area is bad for commuting, has a bad crime rate, and bad schools without any evidence.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:33 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,383,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plucas001 View Post
flyonpa,

This is one of the purposes of the board right, to get help with these kinds of questions. I appreciated the advice, but what was the point of mentioning my past post about Alpharetta..... I used to work in Alpharetta, now I work in the heart of the City, obviously my situation has changed....

Did my past post bother you in some way ?

Appreciate all of the input from everyone else thus far. There is nothing special about Camp Creek to us, it just looked like this neighborhood might work for what we are trying to do.

Is your job near Marta?

If so I would recommend living near a station too. It's always good to have traveling options, and MARTA helps when the weather goes haywire.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:57 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go falcons View Post
Why not look at other options that are closer on the the Southwest side like Fayetteville, Tyrone, Peachtree City?Not as bad a commute, crime or other issues that you face in the Camp Creek area and great schools.
What crime problems around the Camp Creek area? There aren't any...

Old 02-16-2015, 10:02 AM

2,580 posts, read 2,485,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I don't see how foreclosures make an area bad. And I wasn't talking about Peachtree City, everybody knows they have great schools. I don't see how you can make a statement that the Camp Creek area is bad for commuting, has a bad crime rate, and bad schools without any evidence.
You already know how prejudices work they prejudge an area because it has a significant number of people of a certain racial background. Negating the fact that the area is pretty much middle to upper-middle income demographics. There is your answer...

Old 02-16-2015, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jero23 View Post
You already know how prejudices work they prejudge an area because it has a significant number of people of a certain racial background. Negating the fact that the area is pretty much middle to upper-middle income demographics. There is your answer...

Exactly. I'm still curious about this Home Invasion allegation. I requested data, but I haven't seen it.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:46 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,709,551 times
The home invasion information about the Camp Creek area is true. The neighborhood right beside Camp Creek Marketplace, Princeton Lakes has had a few incidents.

I posted this incident a couple years ago.

Community vows to fight back after recent crimes - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

Home invader stabbed to death by resident - CBS46 News

Another one where the resident and his wife were shot when he came outside when he saw his car being stolen. They've had to install cameras at their entrance to record the cars coming in and out of the neighborhood.

Main issue is an upper middle class area near poor areas so its ripe for the picking by criminals. Unsure, if APD and Fulton County police have gotten that issue under control lately.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:02 AM

Location is Everything. Princeton Lakes is right next to Camp Creek Marketplace - lots of apartments buildings and traffic nearby.

Lakeside Preserve is off the beaten path somewhat with very little thru traffic, even though on the map it looks directly across the street. It's actually 4 lanes of median divided highway, and that side of the street looks more like just woods. 2 different worlds.

I actually have acquantances who live over there...it's quite the little conclave.

Last edited by Tryska; 02-16-2015 at 11:13 AM..

Old 02-16-2015, 01:46 PM

744 posts, read 2,482,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
Oh please ! It is nothing to with commuting in the Camp Creek area. It is simply another alternative be it ,a very good one, that is very doable in the area. Peachtree City has made Fortune 500 list of top places to live how many times ??? Voted top retirement area in United States how many times ??? Can Camp Creek make that claim , I don't think so .
Oh and foreclosures do bring a community down . Sorry but the southern part of Fulton, top part of Clayton , and the southern part of Dekalb county are known to be what is called "the cresent " for a reason to do with foreclosures .
Again I say find sites like Zip Skinny run a comparison of Peachtree City's ,Tyrone, Brooks, Fayetteville for crime etc. verses Camp Creek . It will be hard to beat their stats.

Last edited by go falcons; 02-16-2015 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta