Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 09:12 AM

83 posts, read 249,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishwhat View Post
Further up on West Peachtree St. is 1280west.com. Their units aren't bad at all and you can get a 1 bed for around $1,100. Maybe more, maybe less. Views are great, staff is nice, awesome amenities. Trash is included in the rent. Plenty of parking spaces in the garage as well.
Yup, 1280West is actually on our list of apartments to visit. The main selling point would be the rent and its views. However, their building and amenities do looks a little dated, at least from what I can see from online, not that it's a dealbreaker by any means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillinthesouth View Post
BTW, there's also a Skyhouse South - also in Midtown. It's on 6th Street right off of Peachtree. It looks really nice, and I personally like that location better.
Thanks for the recommendation. Skyhouse South does indeed looks nice. We came across it before, but for reasons that I can't remember we eliminated it from our list. It was probably due to the rent, although if we are looking at 77 12th now we probably should not rule out Skyhouse South.

Quote:
The Arts Center tower is right next to 1280 West as well and rental prices don't look that bad.
Arts Center Tower looks nice in the pictures. Any insights on how it's like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
As for the buildings themselves, you can't go wrong with any of them. As far as location goes, 77 12th and Skyhouse South are probably a tie; Skyhouse North (the original one) is an inferior location, unless getting to the interstate easily in the morning is a big priority for you.

There are numerous additional similar properties being built right now in Midtown, but I don't think any of them come online before June.
My wife and I are coming to Atlanta in March to look at apartments, but won't be moving in until late June - early July, so maybe those properties that you mentioned may be available? Any idea of some of their names that you can throw at me for me to do some research?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2015, 09:19 AM

338 posts, read 556,686 times
In regards to 1280: the building and amenities aren't really all that outdated. I think it's a steal of a price for what you get especially in the neighborhood. Definitely visit. Within the past 6 months or so they installed all new washer and dryers on every floor. The pool was redone last year too. Pool tables and TVs downstairs aren't bad at all. Tennis court is about as good as a tennis court gets. Indoor racquet ball court is nice too. The gym equipment is in good shape and there's a good amount of space to work out in.

In regards to Arts Center: I visited this place when I first was looking for places in ATL which was a while back. I don't remember exactly what they were like but definitely equal to or better than 1280.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:42 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Arts Center Tower is miserable. Not in the same class of building as the three new apartments, nor 1280 for that matter.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:47 AM

3,709 posts, read 5,987,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crease123 View Post
My wife and I are coming to Atlanta in March to look at apartments, but won't be moving in until late June - early July, so maybe those properties that you mentioned may be available? Any idea of some of their names that you can throw at me for me to do some research?
5th and Peachtree, the building adjacent to 77 12th (it's whatever the address is on 11th), and 33 Peachtree Place are all under construction and above grade, but I think we're looking at Fall delivery at very earliest for all of them.

131 Ponce is also Midtown and is brand new, but it's a lowrise and generally south Midtown is the least desirable part (the best part of Midtown is between 5th and 14th, second choice would be north of 14th, third choice would be south of 5th imo). But you should nonetheless take a look at it.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:07 AM

338 posts, read 556,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by testa50 View Post
Arts Center Tower is miserable. Not in the same class of building as the three new apartments, nor 1280 for that matter.
Really? Perhaps I'm thinking of a different building but the only thing Arts Center seemed to lack was the height and balconies. But as far as the units themselves, I don't recall them being terrible.

Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
I think the Skyhouse South might have a few more Gays than the other Skyhouse

Old 02-17-2015, 11:40 AM

Quote:
In regards to 1280: the building and amenities aren't really all that outdated. I think it's a steal of a price for what you get especially in the neighborhood. Definitely visit. Within the past 6 months or so they installed all new washer and dryers on every floor. The pool was redone last year too. Pool tables and TVs downstairs aren't bad at all. Tennis court is about as good as a tennis court gets. Indoor racquet ball court is nice too. The gym equipment is in good shape and there's a good amount of space to work out in.

In regards to Arts Center: I visited this place when I first was looking for places in ATL which was a while back. I don't remember exactly what they were like but definitely equal to or better than 1280.
This is really good info, thank you for sharing it. We will definitely check it out. If the amenities are nice and we are saving $500+ per month in rent, then it's definitely worth it!

Old 02-17-2015, 12:17 PM

Should we consider Buckhead? I will be working from home, so location doesn't really matter for me, but my wife will be working at Emory University Hospital, and ideally she wouldn't to be too far away given all the horror traffic stories we've been hearing.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM

219 posts, read 270,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crease123 View Post
Should we consider Buckhead? I will be working from home, so location doesn't really matter for me, but my wife will be working at Emory University Hospital, and ideally she wouldn't to be too far away given all the horror traffic stories we've been hearing.
No. Midtown is where you want to be.

Old 02-17-2015, 12:30 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,785,358 times
Check out Inman Park. You will love it. Ponce City Market which will be the country largest food market opens there in a couple of months. You will be near plenty of restaurants. You will be near the new Krog Street Market. The Beltline is there if you need to exercise and it takes you to Piedmont Park in Midtown. Plus she can take the back roads to Emory
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta