Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2015, 07:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,214 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are considering moving to this area. As empty nesters in early 50's, how easy is it to plug into the community. What is there to do in the area? iinterested in the community life....things to do, culture, sports, outdoors, etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 04:27 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
Looks like Famous Pub is going away.

Quote:
Famous Pub, which opened in 1986, is among the longest tenured of the current tenants at Toco Hills shopping center. Its closure comes on the heels of the closure of Shoe Center and the upcoming relocation of Petite Auberge.

Unlike Petite Auberge, there are reportedly no plans to reopen Famous Pub in another location once they close at Toco Hills.

Tomorrow's News Today - Atlanta: Another Star Falls at Toco Hills With the Planned Closure of Famous Pub

Old 12-09-2016, 06:46 PM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Looks like Famous Pub is going away.
No great loss there. I always thought it was a dump. I'm sure a lot of the longstanding tenants will be driven out by escalating rents.
I would be just fine with the DOL leaving; it really brings nothing to Toco, which really should be dedicated entirely to retail. It is the de facto town center of North Druid Hills, and deserves to be something better than what it is. It feels haphazard and cobbled together, poorly planned and with woefully inadequate parking and traffic flow. Any improvement would be for the better.

Here are Edens' plans for Toco:

https://edens.app.box.com/s/p27pnm8l...svvw1x7huh8g0w

https://edens.app.box.com/s/aglp248a...tbsqmgjtlnyivn

Old 12-10-2016, 08:26 AM

Thanks, LD. The Famous pub was no work of art but I have had some good conversations there over the years and it felt comfortable.

I do like what Edens is doing and will be glad when they get the parking lots finished.

Old 12-10-2016, 10:16 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,050,291 times
Quote:
Thanks, LD. The Famous pub was no work of art but I have had some good conversations there over the years and it felt comfortable.

I do like what Edens is doing and will be glad when they get the parking lots finished.
I've harped on this before, before I had hoped that Toco's next incarnation would be something along the lines of University Village in Seattle, which was built out of a dated shopping center much like Toco:

University Village

Toco is near and dear to my heart; that was my family's go-to shopping center when I was growing up. In high school I even worked as a cashier in the Colonial Store where the DOL is now.

Old 12-10-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
I've harped on this before, before I had hoped that Toco's next incarnation would be something along the lines of University Village in Seattle, which was built out of a dated shopping center much like Toco:

University Village

Toco is near and dear to my heart; that was my family's go-to shopping center when I was growing up. In high school I even worked as a cashier in the Colonial Store where the DOL is now.
Wow, that University Village looks nice!

Wonder why they don't do more stuff like that around the ATL?

Old 12-10-2016, 12:30 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,919,548 times
Quote:
Wow, that University Village looks nice!

Wonder why they don't do more stuff like that around the ATL?
It does look nice!

I would love to see something like this for North DeKalb Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: