Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 09:31 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,137,223 times

Advertisements

Seems like Bartow is on a roll with these types of developments....
Quote:
The Studio City, Calif.-based developer has a deal to buy the land from Paga Mine Properties for an undisclosed amount.
It plans a theme park called "Avatron Smart Park" with two hotels, retail space and possibly a music venue.
"Totally immersive, technology driven theme park drawing on the expertise of Hollywood's leading visual effects professionals," the company says of its plans. "Project will also include up to two hotels initially along with retail operations both within the park and outside of theme park but on project land. Project may also include a music performance venue."
Pending zoning approvals, the project is expected to open in July 2018.
California company plans Avatron Smart Park in Bartow - Atlanta Business Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 11:33 AM

1,697 posts, read 2,242,971 times
713 acres are being bought. That's a huge chunk of land. [IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/5219201/avatron*900xx1105-737-88-0.png[/IMG]

Old 03-04-2015, 06:34 AM

102 posts, read 381,364 times
It is said to be similar to Universal Studios. I can't wait to see this get started!

Old 08-09-2016, 11:03 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,757,853 times
This is going to be awesome. I think Bartow county just one-upped Forsyth and Hall counties.

With the two parks and the lake and Red Top Mtn Rd, Bartow county is going to like day trip zone for Cobb, Paulding, and Cherokee County residents. Ok, yes, and probably the rest of the metro area and Southeastern US to some degree. Heck with that and Six Flags and the Braves being in Cobb and the Cobb Performing Arts Center and the new Roxy coming to Cobb, I think the NW metro is going to have entertainment taken care of.

Also, interestingly, Southern Bartow is about out of land in one fell swoop.

When is the darned Polercoaster going to open at the Lakepoint Was the ride cancelled?

Old 08-11-2016, 11:25 AM

102 posts, read 381,364 times
The Polercoaster isn't cancelled, just delayed. It will be going on a part of the development that hasn't started yet. The development hasn't started because they are waiting for a road to be built to the land and the state has pushed back the building of this road a few times. As soon as the road is built you will see LakePoint really take off.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:33 PM

5,242 posts, read 6,218,645 times
Is this the same park as the one associated with Lionsgate studio? It sounds extremely similar

Oh, and this sounds incredible. I cannot wait to experience these technologies. When they are well thought out and designed, the level of immersion will be incredible.

Old 08-11-2016, 12:37 PM

364 posts, read 416,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikigod311 View Post
Is this the same park as the one associated with Lionsgate studio? It sounds extremely similar

Oh, and this sounds incredible. I cannot wait to experience these technologies. When they are well thought out and designed, the level of immersion will be incredible.
Yes it is an over year old post of that park, not sure why it bumped up as there is nothing new to report. I don't see NW metro ever being entertainment center, it cannot even compete/compare with Midtown/Buckhead/Downtown.

This article says it is trying to get financing and hasn't even closed on the land. http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...heme-park.html

Old 08-11-2016, 12:41 PM

561 posts, read 777,527 times
Is Bartow the new Orlando? lol

I'm mostly joking of course, but it seems they are getting multiple parks like a mini-Orlando.

Old 08-11-2016, 04:30 PM

2,197 posts, read 2,252,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Yes it is an over year old post of that park, not sure why it bumped up as there is nothing new to report. I don't see NW metro ever being entertainment center, it cannot even compete/compare with Midtown/Buckhead/Downtown.

This article says it is trying to get financing and hasn't even closed on the land. http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/p...heme-park.html
That article says they were supposed to close by the end of June. I have a feeling that if they had, we'd have heard more PR about it. Project is probably dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta