Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Too much cold rain, would have preferred some snow.
I look at is it might as well rain if it's cold outside. Kill two birds with one stone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronyusa View Post
Glad that it was not as harsh as winter in the city I moved from (Richmond, VA), which happened to have a particularly/relatively brutal winter this year, still it was a bit cold for me (I wouldn't hold that against Atlanta though as any place other than hell is too cold for me lol!!). I am glad it is coming to an end. Got lots of plans for exploring Atlanta and surrounding area, going hiking, biking, fishing etc. the next several months. Pollen is a bit of an issue for me like Mattie above but I have got enough Zyrtec stocked up. Bring it on
You know it's plenty of Meetup groups that go hiking in the winter right?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:31 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,977,735 times
I thought it was pretty mild.
Moved here from Texas where the weather changes drastically every 30 minutes. There is no in between weather there. it's either cold as a witches teet, or hot as a Devils *******.
I felt the population here handled the brief ice and snow pretty well. Perhaps the city jumped the gun a few times in the past weeks with school closings though. What do I know? Been here since October 2014.
Fall here was BEAUTIFUL. Winter was Mild. I have heard horror stories about spring and pollen. I am extremely fearful of that. My kid goes through school dazed and confused with all the allergy meds when Pollen starts to fly.
I hear the summers are mild as well? I look forward to not having to deal with consecutive weeks of over 100 degree weather in the summer.

Wow' that word got edited????? Devils ------ rhymes with modem.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:41 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,917,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
Moved here from Texas where the weather changes drastically every 30 minutes. There is no in between weather there. it's either cold as a witches teet, or hot as a Devils *******.
I felt the population here handled the brief ice and snow pretty well. Perhaps the city jumped the gun a few times in the past weeks with school closings though. What do I know? Been here since October 2014.
Fall here was BEAUTIFUL. Winter was Mild. I have heard horror stories about spring and pollen. I am extremely fearful of that. My kid goes through school dazed and confused with all the allergy meds when Pollen starts to fly.
I hear the summers are mild as well? I look forward to not having to deal with consecutive weeks of over 100 degree weather in the summer.

Spring here (despite the pollen) is drop-dead gorgeous. The beauty may just knock your socks off.

Summer can get hot - and humid, but due to our elevation we get some surprising breaks. Days over 100 are very rare here, and it is much milder than the coastal South. The last two summers were actually pretty mild, in my opinion.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:35 PM

159 posts, read 200,318 times
This was my first Georgia winter and for me, the first two months of it were euphoria. I was outside in December in flip flops. January was a little cloudier/gloomier than I would like, but it was okay. February, on the other hand, reminded me of home in absolutely the worst ways.

Was this a normal February? It wasn't nearly as bad as a winter back home, nor was it as long-lasting, but it was still a true winter. On the other hand, December and January both felt like a northern-style fall to me.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilah G. View Post
I felt the population here handled the brief ice and snow pretty well. Pehave anye city jumped the gun a few times in the past weeks with school closings though. What do I know? Been here since October 2014.

If he takes his medicine at least starting by the last week in March he should be ok. Make sure it's in his system good so by the time it peaks in mid April he will be ok. The pollen gets bad for a couple of weeks with the pollen count reaching over 5000 sometimes. 1500 is considered bad but i didnt have any problems last year because I took my medicine on time.

The best part is once it's over the city is so freaking beautiful. You are going to be in shock.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:05 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,613 times
Past couple winters have been harsh north of us, of course we got a good taste of it last year. This year not so much, thank goodness. I don't mind the cold rain in February since it's a short month. Some flurries this morning actually, but I'd say the roads are fine and dry for the most part.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:32 AM

4,490 posts, read 4,977,735 times
Flurries this morning was a surprise. Thanks for the pollen advice.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,929,303 times
Spring is wonderful and I'm excited for my first spring here in 5 years. Fall was just as amazing as I had remembered. This winter had a cold start in November but really wasn't bad in December into January but recently has just been terrible.

Old 03-06-2015, 05:20 PM

390 posts, read 906,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group Hug View Post
This was my first Georgia winter and for me, the first two months of it were euphoria. I was outside in December in flip flops. January was a little cloudier/gloomier than I would like, but it was okay. February, on the other hand, reminded me of home in absolutely the worst ways.

Was this a normal February? It wasn't nearly as bad as a winter back home, nor was it as long-lasting, but it was still a true winter. On the other hand, December and January both felt like a northern-style fall to me.
February was colder than normal but by no means outrageous. Feb can be a very gloomy and cold month here. March is very changeable but you can normally expect lots of rain and maybe severe storms. April is when it normally gets really nice outside. April is one of our driest months and really normally something to look forward to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: