Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2016, 01:11 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,866,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
Hey don't blame me for assuming what's listed the fancy website that was promised to voters so they can track project details, budgets, and timelines to maintain total transparency about how the city is spending a quarter of a billion borrowed dollars is, in fact, accurate. Seems like a pretty pointless "transparency portal" if things like dates are off by years.You really think the first time any thought or evaluation was put into this project was on or after the first public meeting? I would surely hope not.

What would bicycle safety improvements along Dekalb look like West of Hurt street? The ABC piece seems to be lobbying for something more significant than some sharrows and green paint.
Not sure, but I would OK with seeing upgraded facilities on Edgewood Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:19 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cqholt View Post
Not sure, but I would OK with seeing upgraded facilities on Edgewood Ave.

I guess that's my point. I'd think that if ABC's biggest goal was to get protected bike amenities, they'd be more pro-active in talking about upgrades to parallel routes on the stretches where they'd otherwise conflict with having protected left turn lanes on Deklab.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by red92s View Post
I guess that's my point. I'd think that if ABC's biggest goal was to get protected bike amenities, they'd be more pro-active in talking about upgrades to parallel routes on the stretches where they'd otherwise conflict with having protected left turn lanes on Deklab.
That so-called conflict does not exist along the entire stretch, only Hurt St to Jackson St (Hulsey Yard area.) Other than that, DeKalb Ave (between Rocky Ford and Hurt St) is ideal for an extension of the PATH along the south side of the street. There would only be 2 crossings (Arizona and Whitefoord)

Old 12-22-2016, 01:37 PM

2,167 posts, read 2,830,810 times
Quote:
That so-called conflict does not exist along the entire stretch, only Hurt St to Jackson St (Hulsey Yard area.) Other than that, DeKalb Ave (between Rocky Ford and Hurt St) is ideal for an extension of the PATH along the south side of the street. There would only be 2 crossings (Arizona and Whitefoord)
This is what I'm hearing: "It works fine until it doesn't". It does not matter that the conflict only exits in portions. It exists and needs to be addressed. All these complete street talking points mean little for the segments where it's physically impossible to actually arrive at such a configuration.

Old 12-22-2016, 01:58 PM

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yt...R0&usp=sharing

Old 12-23-2016, 06:59 AM

32,025 posts, read 36,788,671 times
Quote:
That looks great, cq!!

Let's do it.

Last edited by arjay57; 12-23-2016 at 07:23 AM..

Old 04-24-2017, 01:27 PM

http://renewatlantabond.com/wp-conte...ion-Packet.pdf

Old 03-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Our new home, designed by renowned architects Perkins+Will, will be state-of-the-art and double our enrollment from 250 to 500 students. Positioned directly next to the MARTA rail line, the facility will meet the community’s need for transit-accessibility and broaden our reach to an additional 15,000 families each year through performances and workshops in our 150-seat theater, which will also serve as vital resource for Atlanta’s professional dance community.
Moving in the Spirit Building New Home at Edgewood/Candler Park MARTA Station Moving In The Spirit

Old 04-16-2018, 07:35 AM

Car crash on DeKalb Ave @ Krog St this morning.

Could have been a lot worst if pedestrian and cyclists would have been queued up for the pedestrian scramble. Highlights what happens when we prioritize speed and vehicle throughput over safety. This Wednesday, ReNew Atlanta will host their 3rd public meeting in 3 years about the street. The calls for a safer and Complete Street DeKalb Ave will be heard. #RenewDekalbAve

Old 04-16-2018, 07:39 AM

1,456 posts, read 1,321,111 times
Quote:
Car crash on DeKalb Ave @ Krog St this morning.

Could have been a lot worst if pedestrian and cyclists would have been queued up for the pedestrian scramble. Highlights what happens when we prioritize speed and vehicle throughput over safety. This Wednesday, ReNew Atlanta will host their 3rd public meeting in 3 years about the street. The calls for a safer and Complete Street DeKalb Ave will be heard. #RenewDekalbAve
They must have been going very fast.

I think one issue that would stop a ton of accidents in Atlanta would be to make right on red illegal city wide. I have been in so many near accidents because people treat right on red as a priority over forward on Green. Cars pull out right in front of me at intersections daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta