Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 07:30 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times

Advertisements

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...ht-photos.html

Its also attracting graffiti
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:31 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,985,810 times
Oh noes! Graffiti! Heavens to Betsy!

Old 09-22-2015, 08:45 AM

10,743 posts, read 13,374,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Oh noes! Graffiti! Heavens to Betsy!
In this case, I do think graffiti is bad. It gives the public the perception that these graffiti folks are running amock along the streetcar system and lines. An over reaction? Perhaps. But a bad impression? For sure.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:39 PM

8,485 posts, read 14,985,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
In this case, I do think graffiti is bad. It gives the public the perception that these graffiti folks are running amock along the streetcar system and lines. An over reaction? Perhaps. But a bad impression? For sure.
It's definitely bad, but to state the streetcar caused this as the person said is just...I don't know how to address that in a civil manner.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM

475 posts, read 684,358 times
I can see the COP streetcar stop from conference rooms in my office. The streetcars have been 'clean' all day. The clean-up job must have been a very effective and timely process.

Last edited by gold15; 09-22-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 09-22-2015, 02:48 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,868,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold15 View Post
I can see the COP streetcar stop from conference rooms in my office. The streetcars have been 'clean' all day. The clean-up job must have been a very effective and timely process.
Yeah, trains around the world get tagged all the time. They clean them before they send them out in the morning.

The news should not be giving this guy the publicity.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:46 AM

6,420 posts, read 6,519,861 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...d-must-be.html

I was on the street car yesterday and it smelled really bad, like hard mix of sitting urine, sweaty feet and sulfur. I couldnt tell what the smell actually was though, the other woman on the trolley looked clean enough. I dont think cloth seats were a good idea. They need some seats that can be sprayed down and washed off. I think I have read that bums like to hang out on the trolleys but I didnt see any but im curious if that horrid smell was something their bodies produced. When is this line supposed to be extended to another area?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:12 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,690,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0nyxStation View Post
http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/m...d-must-be.html

I was on the street car yesterday and it smelled really bad, like hard mix of sitting urine, sweaty feet and sulfur. I couldnt tell what the smell actually was though, the other woman on the trolley looked clean enough. I dont think cloth seats were a good idea. They need some seats that can be sprayed down and washed off. I think I have read that bums like to hang out on the trolleys but I didnt see any but im curious if that horrid smell was something their bodies produced. When is this line supposed to be extended to another area?
We're waiting on getting the TIGER 7 Grant results back, which may or maynot include the remaining funds to extend the route to the Beltline.

As for cloth seats, yeah they're not usually a good idea, but if the operators are doing the routine cleaning and maintenance (one of the things CoA was chastised for not doing) then it shouldn't be an issue.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:42 AM

32,019 posts, read 36,759,555 times
Looks like the feds are not too happy with the way the streetcar is being run.

Quote:
The Federal Transit Administration has sent a stern warning to Mayor Kasim Reed and MARTA Chief Keith Parker about “continuing concerns with the safety and operation” of the Atlanta Streetcar project. The “critical issues” raised in the Sept. 3 letter include:
  1. The suspension of streetcar service in July because of multiple defects with its overhead electrical system
  2. Failure to maintain contracts with vendors for maintenance services
  3. Poorly developed and implemented operating procedures
  4. Lack of technical expertise because of high turnover
  5. Significant leadership and staffing vacancies
  6. Failure to comply with the state’s accident reporting requirements
FTA Region IV Administrator Yvette Taylor admonished both the city and MARTA, which share responsibility for the $98 million system that runs in downtown Atlanta. Under the arrangement, Atlanta owns and operates the system, while MARTA provides “active management” and expertise, at least until the city has the technical capabilities to take the reins.

More...Feds outline concerns over Atlanta Streetcar in stern letter | www.ajc.com

Old 09-30-2015, 02:59 PM

23,726 posts, read 24,849,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Looks like the feds are not too happy with the way the streetcar is being run.
They better get their s**t together and fix the issues, so FTA awards them a TIGER 7 grant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta