Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2015, 07:07 AM

54 posts, read 106,279 times

Advertisements

i would like to attend Morehouse college which is an all-male college located in the southwest of Atlanta and a part of the AUC. i heard numerous rumors that basically 50% of the people who attend are gay, to get into fraternities in Morehouse you have to participate in gay orgies, the gays at the school are the reason for the dress code, and that Morehouse will make straight men into gay men/DL men. now honestly i think these lies are bull****, i'm straight man and i have no problem with gay people but either way should i care about this crap or just forget about it. my bad if these rumors offend you in any way i apologize on my behalf and please dm me if you would like for me to take this thread down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2015, 08:06 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,819,610 times
I'm a woman and one of my best friends is a man who went to Morehouse. It just so happens he is gay, but of all the stories I have heard (believe me there have been many), I never surmised that homosexuality was a forced culture, right of passage, turned out, or what not thing. He was gay before he got there just as he would have been at any other school had he chosen one of those.

Now, that being said, there is a chance that at an all male school, you have a higher chance of finding partners if you're gay. Still, that would be like saying there are more lesbians at Spelman than other schools which from what I have seen just is not true.

So, let's go with this. Morehouse is a find institution and everyone that I personally know who graduated is financially successful. Perhaps they help each other as they should - you know the whole each one, teach one thing. Also, I think there can been be more to a brotherhood than anything involving sexual connotations.

BTW, my best friend is a Que, but he did not pledge until grad chapter. If being gay was a qualification or an added bonus, he'd have been one sophomore year.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:10 AM

2,197 posts, read 2,259,946 times
Nothing you described in your post falls remotely within the realm of possibility. Go to school where you want. If an orgy breaks out, turn on Periscope, break that illuminati **** wide open, get famous and go to a school of your choice.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,557 times
Perhaps the Rumors you are hearing are simply just haters, trying to pick on what is most obvious about Morehouse - that it is an all male school.

I remember an old schoolyard chant about an all male prep school up near us..."Chaminade boys take bubble baths, Chaminade boys bend ooverr!"

(neither of those things were particularly true)

Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 AM

5,621 posts, read 5,931,058 times
Sounds like absolute crap that isn't true at all.

Old 04-04-2015, 10:01 AM

4,586 posts, read 7,706,844 times
waronxmas to the white courtesy phone, waronxmas to the white courtesy phone...

...the rumors are most likely because it is a mostly male college and our community overwhelming homophobia. I mean, you can't go to an all male black school without some homosexual behavior happening, right?

Even if the school is 50% gay, who cares? You have the ladies at CAU and Spelman plus GSU so what difference does it make in your life?

Old 04-04-2015, 11:37 PM

2,281 posts, read 3,032,879 times
If you actually believe half if what you wrote then aMorhouse education would likely be a bit of a waste for you.

Try community college instead. Less expensive and fewer people challenging you world view
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: