Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:05 PM

49 posts, read 166,506 times

Advertisements

The househunting trip was a success.....Towne Lake it is!
Loved the area and the house.

Now....I'm researching preschools for my little ones.

Any recommendations on local preschools? There are so few NAEYC accred. schools in the area....though I'll drive 10-12 miles for a good school....

TIA for any input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 05:41 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,545 times
I have used several daycares in 8 years. The best experience and care for the money in my opinion was Discovery Point.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 AM

242 posts, read 841,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreditWitch View Post
I have used several daycares in 8 years. The best experience and care for the money in my opinion was Discovery Point.
Discovery point looks good I will definitely look into them when we move. Thanks!

Old 01-07-2008, 09:08 AM

281 posts, read 1,054,545 times
One of the tricks i learned in looking at day cares was look at the children's bathrooms and the kitchen. Those are never on the tour! Ask to see their latest inspection from the state. Good luck!

Old 01-07-2008, 05:55 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,194 times
Good church preschools: Hillside, TLC and Bascomb.

Preschool/daycare: Goddard and Discovery Point

There are two that I do not recommend...pm if you want the names.

Good Luck

Old 01-07-2008, 06:13 PM

16,679 posts, read 29,499,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckws View Post

Any recommendations on local preschools? There are so few NAEYC accred. schools in the area....though I'll drive 10-12 miles for a good school....

TIA for any input.
My good friend (a former elementary teacher) who lives in Towne Lake sends her son to a fantastic preschool. She adores it. However, I forgot the name. When I get back in town in two days, I'll be sure to relay the information to you.

The preschool is right in Towne Lake. My friend's son will start kindergarten at Bascomb next year.

Good Luck and I'll get back to you.

Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM

10 posts, read 46,562 times
are you looking for full time childcare or a 1/2 preschool?

Old 01-11-2008, 03:59 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckws View Post

TIA for any input.
IMO, NAEYC accreditation is over-rated. It results in the program not being allowed to focus on academics, but rather emphasizes a play-based program. It also forces the programs to focus on being "developmentally appropriate," which is a code word for "let's not challenge the children too much so that the less advanced children don't feel bad about themselves."

Old 01-12-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmy2cents View Post
are you looking for full time childcare or a 1/2 preschool?
Just preschool...2/3 days a week.

Where we live now, the standard is for schools to offer MWF or TTH from 9:30-2:30. It seems the norm in GA is more of a 9-12. I haven't found a full school day anywhere yet!

But I'm not interested in 5 day a week school for them.....

Old 01-12-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
My good friend (a former elementary teacher) who lives in Towne Lake sends her son to a fantastic preschool. She adores it. However, I forgot the name. When I get back in town in two days, I'll be sure to relay the information to you.

The preschool is right in Towne Lake. My friend's son will start kindergarten at Bascomb next year.

Good Luck and I'll get back to you.
I'd love to have the name!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta