Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 11:09 AM

2,411 posts, read 2,762,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DONNIEANDDONNA417 View Post
so what about the black guy that was running around naked in an apartment complex and not to mention unarmed...was that justified?...another unnecessary lost of life. I guess the police are now trained to shoot first and ask questions later.

Police officer shoots, kills unarmed, naked man in DeKalb County | www.wsbtv.com
There are definately police out there that have no business having access to a gun, much less a gun and a badge. But, I think that it has more to do with competence than race. If you need to use a gun against a naked unarmed man, you should probably not be a law officer. The kid with a toy in Chicago should not have been shot, nor the guy playing with guns at the WalMart, nor should this youth in Georgia playing with his wii in his own home:
Attorney: Teen Shot, Killed By Police Was Holding Wii Video Game Controller « CBS Atlanta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 AM

925 posts, read 1,326,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey86 View Post
For reasons I don't understand the cases that are more obvious go unnoticed. There was a recent case where the cops were in a dimly lit hall of an apartment building in NYC. A black man came around the corner and the cop immediately fired two rounds in his chest. No one noticed. No protests. No hash tags. Nothing more than a passing mention in the media.

I believe the cop got charged w murder or manslauther in that case. Since the hall was dark, its hard to say that he knew it was a blackman and i think the cop was asian.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:53 AM

1,979 posts, read 2,369,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
I believe the cop got charged w murder or manslauther in that case. Since the hall was dark, its hard to say that he knew it was a blackman and i think the cop was asian.

So many racist elements in this sentence for me to get angry about. (I really am just joking)

Old 03-26-2015, 12:01 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,237,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasuga888 View Post
Indicted, but still employed. Still no protests. We'll see if he is found guilty. Perhaps him being Asian is more relevant than some would like to admit.

"A grand jury on Tuesday indicted Liang, who was placed on modified duty following the incident."

NYPD Officer Peter Liang Pleads Not Guilty To Killing Akai Gurley « CBS New York

Old 03-26-2015, 12:20 PM

989 posts, read 1,736,170 times
Quote:
Indicted, but still employed. Still no protests. We'll see if he is found guilty. Perhaps him being Asian is more relevant than some would like to admit.

"A grand jury on Tuesday indicted Liang, who was placed on modified duty following the incident."

NYPD Officer Peter Liang Pleads Not Guilty To Killing Akai Gurley « CBS New York
If he is found not guilty, there will be protests. The protest reflect a lack of accountability, being indicted at least temporarily supports the idea that the police department are not protecting the shield. I don't see what's so hard to understand?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:30 PM

6,420 posts, read 6,476,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaddeus_Hewitt View Post
Whether dude was in the wrong or not. The police could have simply shot at his car to slow him down or something.. Like I just was a victim of racial profiling by a Lowndes County sheriff in Valdosta,GA. I'm very tired of racist people. Like the citizens in the middle east treated me like a human being and never judged me by my skin color. Then come back to America and have to defend for myself because of the color of my skin. This is crazy and getting way out of hand. These cops need better training and I believe if they have any affiliation with a hate group they should be stripped of their pay and benefits and also held responsible for the deaths of innocent people. Most of the people who are defending the killing of innocent people by police need much prayer and help because a majority of the time the victims are innocent. When I run for office, I will not be so relaxed on police brutality nor racism, sexism,etc. I'm just so sick of it because I Dont have rights as a black man in this country especially with the judicial system and no one seems to understand what it is we go through. Like idiots its just skin color. Not all black people are poor so whoever made a comment about him working at the tire shop and owning a masserati please take a seat and stop being ignorant. I can't stand that. So a black guy can't drive nice things or have nice things because he works at a tire shop not realizing that his parents are professionals.. That's what I'm saying its just impossible to be black in this country and live peacefully with some of you racist bigots. I'm so tired of it. Be the same people in the church to having hate for blacks. All I have to say is GOD got you. I know it's not all people who think like a bigot. This is only for those racist bigots.
I say go where you are accepted. Every where is not for everyone. I said the same thing when Trayvon Martin got murdered. GO and SPEND money where you are accepted.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:33 PM

31,993 posts, read 36,529,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeoff View Post
There are definately police out there that have no business having access to a gun, much less a gun and a badge.
In Georgia just about everybody has access to a gun.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:37 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,521 posts, read 2,230,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Where is Al Sharpton?
Where's David Duke?

Old 03-26-2015, 02:42 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,521 posts, read 2,230,948 times
Quote:
Good point. I'm still curious what he was on probation for and why he would try to flee. Note that the witness said the car wasn't moving because he hit the curb. He very well could have been attempting to run them over and only failed because of this.

If that's the case I don't think we should judge the cops too harshly for not ceasing fire as soon as he hit the curb. I'm not saying that isn't what they should have done, but that if you don't want to get shot trying to kill a cop isn't a very wise decision.
I don't think we should not judge them either if that's the case due to very close eyewitness testimony. Point is don't judge him either. There seems to have been tons of witnesses. and if he hits a curb, which is not an employee of Cobb County Police, then its fair game to say he wasn't trying to ram them. But then again, he was a young black guy so I guess the Maserati was a transformer and would transform and attack right?

I know its silly, but so was ur statement.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:45 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,369,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
I don't think we should not judge them either if that's the case due to very close eyewitness testimony. Point is don't judge him either. There seems to have been tons of witnesses. and if he hits a curb, which is not an employee of Cobb County Police, then its fair game to say he wasn't trying to ram them. But then again, he was a young black guy so I guess the Maserati was a transformer and would transform and attack right?

I know its silly, but so was ur statement.

the very fact that he jumped in a car in an attempt to flee, put him on the wrong side of the cops. Not the fact that he was black. not the fact that he wasn't moving.

Things went pear-shaped long before he hit the curb. And actions have consequences. We may not like them, but as long as Cops can carry guns and use them as necessary to keep "order", this will probably happen.

So maybe don't tempt fate, comply, and sort it out through the courts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta