Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 03:14 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,336 times

Advertisements

Where is there a 24 hour Home Depot in Atlanta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 04:11 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,049,033 times
The 24 hour Home Depot stopped that at least 10 years ago. There are no 24 hour Home Depots, they all close at 10pm....9pm when we're in standard time!

And that's the point of this statement: Atlanta is not a 24 hour city.

I think we're better off than many cities, but you can go to Valdosta and find an open Wal-Mart at 4am. That doesn't make a 24 hour city. In fact, I would say Atlanta has gotten LESS 24 hour in the past few years. Most movie theaters don't even have midnight movies anymore, and most of them used to. We lost the 24 hour Home Depot and even the 24 hour Walgreens are fewer and further between than they used to be.

You can find a lot of ethnic places that stay open really late because Asians love to stay up late. Unfortunately, the other businesses around them don't follow suit.

The only places I have ever been that I would describe as truly 24 hour are parts of Manhattan, the Las Vegas strip, and the French Quarter during Mardi Gras. There are also parts of Orlando, Florida that are active well into the wee hours.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
The 24 hour Home Depot stopped that at least 10 years ago. There are no 24 hour Home Depots, they all close at 10pm....9pm when we're in standard time!

I think we're better off than many cities, but you can go to Valdosta and find an open Wal-Mart at 4am. That doesn't make a 24 hour city. In fact, I would say Atlanta has gotten LESS 24 hour in the past few years. Most movie theaters don't even have midnight movies anymore, and most of them used to. We lost the 24 hour Home Depot and even the 24 hour Walgreens are fewer and further between than they used to be.

I would agree with this. We also shut down the one real 24/7 Nightclub we had. lol Honestly I had no idea there were 24 hour HDs here ever.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:49 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,782,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post

You can find a lot of ethnic places that stay open really late because Asians love to stay up late. Unfortunately, the other businesses around them don't follow suit.

The only places I have ever been that I would describe as truly 24 hour are parts of Manhattan, the Las Vegas strip, and the French Quarter during Mardi Gras. There are also parts of Orlando, Florida that are active well into the wee hours.

Not really asking about opinions but facts are facts. At least 40 establishments that close at 4am or later, probably 100 Waffle Houses, etc and dozens of 24 hour grocery stores. Like I said opinions are opinions but facts are facts. Not looking for opinions or feels I'm looking at facts

Old 03-26-2015, 06:50 PM

32,019 posts, read 36,763,165 times
I am okay with the current situation. Only once did I go to the Home Depot in the wee hours and that could easily have waited until normal business hours.

We have plenty of convenience stores, gas stations, diners, donut shops and so forth that are open 24 hours.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:00 PM

lol...wtf was the point of this post? its like you made this pronouncement and expect people to agree with you, and when they don't (because the pronouncement is a false premise to begin with) you get all pouty and snippy and stank. You are better than this nonsense, man. Sort it out.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM

We can talk about the feel or whatever but let's get down to the facts

40+ venues metro wide that are open from at least 4-6am

100+ restaurants at are open 24 hours to include Waffle Houses, all the diners across the city, etc.

At least 15x 24 hour grocery stores

A few 24 hour Walmarts

Etc.

Now yall can get sensitive and mad if you want but numbers are numbers. I will not reply to post about what feels like what but only respond to numbers. #bam.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
lol...wtf was the point of this post? its like you made this pronouncement and expect people to agree with you, and when they don't (because the pronouncement is a false premise to begin with) you get all pouty and snippy and stank. You are better than this nonsense, man. Sort it out.
I'm ok. Numbers are numbers. I'm not the one getting angry but some of yall are

Not really looking for an agreement. Btw I'm not going back and forth with yall about feelings. Either post some numbers or go to another less emotional thread. Everyone is posting opinions but I'm posting numbers. Post some numbersssssss.

Last edited by afdinatl; 03-26-2015 at 07:18 PM..

Old 03-26-2015, 07:08 PM

Oh so it's just random pronunciations we should all admire but not disagree with? Ok dude.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 PM

1,189 posts, read 1,161,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Atlanta metro is a real 24 hour city but Atlanta doesn't get the credit as one that she deserves. This isn't a troll thread. I'm only speaking about facts . There are at least 40 establishments in Metro Atlanta to include Dekalb County, South Atlanta and West Atlanta that open until 4-6am nightly. Heck Pinups is open until 8am on the weekends. Reggae clubs on Memorial Dr open until 4/5am. Dozens of strip clubs such as Blue Flame, Pink Pony, Strokers, Babes, etc are open until 4am on most days. My friend was at this club near the Dekalb/Atlanta line at 3:30am last week on a Tuesday or Wednesday night and it was still a line to get in at 3:30am.

Throw in all the Waffle Houses, IHOP's, etc plus all the 24 hour Krogers and you will see.

I predict several people from other cities and some people here who are out of the loop that do not know what they are talking about will troll but go to any of those places at the time I posted and see for yourself.
Claim of not being a troll thread usually backfires. Just saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta