Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2015, 03:59 PM

5,621 posts, read 5,934,485 times

Advertisements

Such a terrible neighbor that you wanted them to stay put. If anything you should be happy they're now OTP and can't ruin intown Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 04:02 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLondoner View Post
Opening day is here but I feel like a child whose candy has been taken away.......Heywood and J-Upt was bad but now losing the Killer Kimbrel one day before the season opener....gotta say I'm pretty devastated.

They're 2-0... still undefeated! Only 159 games left for the perfect run!
I've been a fan of theirs since I was a kid - and are still friends with a lot of current or former Braves...
I'll go to my grave doing the chop!

Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,746 times
3 - 0

Old 04-08-2015, 08:08 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedimenjerry View Post
Such a terrible neighbor that you wanted them to stay put. If anything you should be happy they're now OTP and can't ruin intown Atlanta.
Not really. Think there are much better sites for a stadium like the Doraville GM site. And of course the real problem is Braves / Cobb attitude about all this.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:09 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,384,671 times
Location shmokation. They are the Braves

Old 04-08-2015, 08:26 PM

10,974 posts, read 10,874,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Location shmokation. They are the Braves
You are correct, their name is still the Braves. But there is basically no resemblance to the team you or I grew up with besides the name.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:28 PM

1,329 posts, read 1,314,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Not really. Think there are much better sites for a stadium like the Doraville GM site. And of course the real problem is Braves / Cobb attitude about all this.
Attitude? Give me a break. So the politicians wore Cobb Braves shirts the day of the announcement. That's what politicians do, they showboat. I haven't seen the shirts or the logo since. They were proud of the coup and perhaps - just perhaps - got carried away with it. It's not like Mayor Reed didn't do some gloating himself when Porsche decided to move to the Ford plant site (effectively "stealing" it from Sandy Springs, though I haven't heard any sour grapes from the Sandy Springs folks), or when Mercedes announced their move from New Jersey (to a site that's not even in the CoA). And I don't blame Mayor Reed for trumpeting his horn, either. They're all politicians, and that's the way they operate.

cqholt, earlier in this thread, referred to Cobb folks gloating about the move. To put it kindly, I think that's a bunch of nonsense that's rooted in sour grapes. I certainly haven't seen it among the regular citizens. You know what the prevailing thought among baseball fans I have talked to is? "Good, it will be closer and I can attend more games, and actually be in an area where I might want to spend time before and after the game, or maybe not even on game day. Traffic probably won't be good, but it's lousy, at best, around Turner Field already."

The worst attitude I see is coming from you. It's called, "I'm gonna take my ball and go home." Sad and childish.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:17 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,034,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evannole View Post
Attitude? Give me a break. So the politicians wore Cobb Braves shirts the day of the announcement. That's what politicians do, they showboat. I haven't seen the shirts or the logo since. They were proud of the coup and perhaps - just perhaps - got carried away with it. It's not like Mayor Reed didn't do some gloating himself when Porsche decided to move to the Ford plant site (effectively "stealing" it from Sandy Springs, though I haven't heard any sour grapes from the Sandy Springs folks), or when Mercedes announced their move from New Jersey (to a site that's not even in the CoA). And I don't blame Mayor Reed for trumpeting his horn, either. They're all politicians, and that's the way they operate.

cqholt, earlier in this thread, referred to Cobb folks gloating about the move. To put it kindly, I think that's a bunch of nonsense that's rooted in sour grapes. I certainly haven't seen it among the regular citizens. You know what the prevailing thought among baseball fans I have talked to is? "Good, it will be closer and I can attend more games, and actually be in an area where I might want to spend time before and after the game, or maybe not even on game day. Traffic probably won't be good, but it's lousy, at best, around Turner Field already."

The worst attitude I see is coming from you. It's called, "I'm gonna take my ball and go home." Sad and childish.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
You are correct, their name is still the Braves. But there is basically no resemblance to the team you or I grew up with besides the name.
The teams are different every season in baseball...any baseball fan understands this. You apparently don't because you keep whining the same tune. I'm not sure what your point is, but you're not making it very well.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
They're 2-0... still undefeated! Only 159 games left for the perfect run!
I've been a fan of theirs since I was a kid - and are still friends with a lot of current or former Braves...
I'll go to my grave doing the chop!
3-0 now!

ATLondoner I miss Heyward too but we have last year's gold glove winner in right field now so I think we have a pretty good replacement. I watched the Padres tonight and saw J Up strike out a couple of times and suddenly had some painful memories of last year. As good as he is and as much as I like him, he does strike out A LOT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta