Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 12:18 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,786,194 times

Advertisements

Five reasons Atlanta is the new hotbed for digital entertainment | www.ajc.com

Watch out California, Atlanta is gaining momentum in digital entertainment. From TV and film production to video games and animation, the “Hollywood of the South” is thriving with creativity and innovation.
Here are five reasons why Atlanta is a new hub for digital entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 03:21 PM

9,008 posts, read 14,060,376 times
This is just an advertisement for SCAD.

It says so right to the left of the headline.

Complete rubbish.

Old 04-07-2015, 04:18 PM

346 posts, read 388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
This is just an advertisement for SCAD.

It says so right to the left of the headline.

Complete rubbish.
Are you saying the info in the article is incorrect? It looks factual. A lot of what is considered to be news is based on press releases from corporations or government agencies. How is this much different?

Old 04-07-2015, 04:43 PM

If you don't know the difference between an advertorial and editorial content, I really can't help you.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:15 PM

346 posts, read 388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLTJL View Post
If you don't know the difference between an advertorial and editorial content, I really can't help you.
I know the difference, but I'm saying that in this case you said it was complete rubbish. Forgetting the motive of the article, what facts were rubbish? Someone can have an agenda and still be correct.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 PM

Okay, here is why it is rubbish:

Quote:
Innovators are making the South their home

Who knows if it is true...the study the article links to isn't even a live link, it's a 404 error. Nice fact checking, there. Same thing for the link claiming digital imaging technician is one of the hottest new jobs, though my common sense tells me this is an extremely niche job that just happens to be one of the majors SCAD offers.

Quote:
Movies, TV shows like our sites and studios

True enough, but as I've stated many times, the best paying jobs are almost always imported from LA. If you're an electrician, security guard, or into craft services, then there's plenty of work for you. But I don't think SCAD offers those majors, which is why no job titles were called out in this section.

Quote:
Gamers play (sometimes all day) here

So what. NASCAR races in Talladega and Daytona, it doesn't mean they are hot markets for engineers looking to design the next great car engine. Gamers may play here, but very little game development happens here. I can only think of two rather small studios, Tripwire and Hi-Rez. All the Madden NFL and NBA Live games are developed at EA Tiburon in Maitland...would you call Orlando a haven for high-tech video game development jobs? These jobs are very much concentrated in California, we're barely even on the map. But SCAD offers a video game design program, so there ya go. There's a big difference between an area housing consumers of a product and producing that product.

Quote:
Big bucks are available to growing companies

Ok, well, this is probably true.

Quote:
People of all ages are being trained for digital entertainment jobs

All they really do is shout out their own Digital Media Center and Georgia Tech. So we have media education in Atlanta. Orlando has Full Sail Univesity, and I'm sure lots of other cities that you wouldn't call digital media meccas have such programs. This does nothing to prove the headline, that Atlanta is a hotbed for digital entertainment.

There you have it. This story is simply conjecture, not backed up by any facts, that is nothing more than PR fluff cooked up to try to make a local school seem like a cool place for kids to attend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: