Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:49 AM

1,173 posts, read 2,263,520 times

Advertisements

I'm not doing well and could really use advice. I'll keep it short.

I'm waking up with eyes that are crusted shut. Optometrist diagnosed: dry eyes and has me on $35 worth of TEAR products.

Went back a week later not much better and his colleague put me on an antihistimine eye drop (w/ prescription).

Now I'm spending my days w/ better eyes -- better, but not great -- but my lips have ballooned.

My mouth is puffy all day long. And it doesn't feel good. I've been putting on an Allegra cream that somewhat numbs my lips, but nothing is improving.

About a month ago, I went to the Atlanta Allergy people, had a full test done (back and arms) and they found nothing. They said that I didn't show response to anything.

At that point the young dr. -- who really seemed disconnected like she didn't care -- told me to see an ophthalmologist. I've since learned that starting w/ an optomestrist is fine and eventually going to an ophthalmologist if the first dr. can't help.

Products I'm taking: Allegra, TEARS, antihistamine eye drops (just one drop in a.m.)

Any suggestions? We moved here in late Nov. '14 and I think this all started in early Feb.

I'm really miserable and will try anything.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Alley
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 11:28 AM

1,990 posts, read 2,359,910 times
I love our beautiful home, but even as a native, I, too suffer from allergies. I suggest Claratin and patience. Even our legendary allergy seasons don't last forever. At least enjoy the scenery of a beautiful North Georgia spring!

Old 03-21-2015, 01:21 PM

1,979 posts, read 2,382,557 times
switch to Zyrtec, I'm finding Allegra cant stand up to Georgia Springtime. Zyrtec is doing a wonderful job for me right now.

Old 03-21-2015, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryska View Post
switch to Zyrtec, I'm finding Allegra cant stand up to Georgia Springtime. Zyrtec is doing a wonderful job for me right now.
Thanks Tryska! Does the Zyrtec make you sleepy? Or do you just take it before bed? I'm up for anything at this point!

Is there anything else you do/take?

Alley

Old 03-21-2015, 02:38 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,783,068 times
Wait until April. At least it will be beautiful

Old 03-21-2015, 03:05 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
I'm not doing well and could really use advice. I'll keep it short.

I'm waking up with eyes that are crusted shut. Optometrist diagnosed: dry eyes and has me on $35 worth of TEAR products.

Went back a week later not much better and his colleague put me on an antihistimine eye drop (w/ prescription).

Now I'm spending my days w/ better eyes -- better, but not great -- but my lips have ballooned.

My mouth is puffy all day long. And it doesn't feel good. I've been putting on an Allegra cream that somewhat numbs my lips, but nothing is improving.

About a month ago, I went to the Atlanta Allergy people, had a full test done (back and arms) and they found nothing. They said that I didn't show response to anything.

At that point the young dr. -- who really seemed disconnected like she didn't care -- told me to see an ophthalmologist. I've since learned that starting w/ an optomestrist is fine and eventually going to an ophthalmologist if the first dr. can't help.

Products I'm taking: Allegra, TEARS, antihistamine eye drops (just one drop in a.m.)

Any suggestions? We moved here in late Nov. '14 and I think this all started in early Feb.

I'm really miserable and will try anything.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Alley
The trick is to start using raw and local (Honey made in Georgia) honey. You can buy raw local honey made in GA from the farmers market (Local Honey for Allergies - The Raw Truth).
FYI, the doctors do not want you to know this secret because they want u to keep paying them for nothing.

Old 03-21-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afdinatl View Post
Wait until April. At least it will be beautiful
I'm sorry to be dense, but what happens in April?

Old 03-21-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
The trick is to start using raw and local (Honey made in Georgia) honey. You can buy raw local honey made in GA from the farmers market (Local Honey for Allergies - The Raw Truth).
FYI, the doctors do not want you to know this secret because they want u to keep paying them for nothing.
You know, I did this exact thing when we first moved to DC, but then I read that there's no scientific basis to it. Who cares? I'm buying some tomorrow. I'm totally desperate!!

Thank you for the reminder!

Alley

Old 03-21-2015, 03:35 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
My doctor has me on Loratadine. It is the generic of Claritina and is available over the counter. I take it daily and it does not make me sleepy. Loratadine: Uses, Dosage & Side Effects Guide - Drugs.com

My insurance company stopped paying for Claritin when a generic such as Loratadine became available. The customer service agent asked me if I belonged to Sam's Club. I said I was and she told me that Sam's Club carried it. She said her daughter takes and that is where she purchases it from so off I went to get some!

Simply Right Loratadine Antihistamine (200 ct.,2 pk) - Sam's Club

Old 03-21-2015, 03:59 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,962,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondInfinity View Post
Yep! It seems to be working for me so far, but I won't be sure until April. Whatever comes out then is what really kills me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia64 View Post
You know, I did this exact thing when we first moved to DC, but then I read that there's no scientific basis to it. Who cares? I'm buying some tomorrow. I'm totally desperate!!

Thank you for the reminder!

Alley
It may work, but unfortunately it's too late for you. You have to start consuming the honey everyday for at least a month before allergy season starts, which very strangely for you starts in February.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta