Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:59 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merin View Post
I agree this is terrible, but I think its unfair to judge people who don't "snitch" by saying they do not deserve police protection. Such people are , most likely, keeping quiet because criminals intimidate them. I am very curious as to how many of you would testify against someone knowing it would put the life of you and your family in serious danger.
I understand the mindset and I recognize that fear and intimidation are part of the problem when community members don't come forward as witnesses. But I think people have to take risks when the police who protect their community are targeted and killed. If the community doesn't have the back of the police who protect them, why should the police reciprocate? Quite frankly, I think it is probably a non-issue because I have to believe anyone who knows something that might help catch the killers would provide that information to the police, either directly or anonymously. This is a heinous crime. Plus, there is now a hefty award available to provide further incentive.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM

117 posts, read 619,762 times
Thumbs up Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
I understand the mindset and I recognize that fear and intimidation are part of the problem when community members don't come forward as witnesses. But I think people have to take risks when the police who protect their community are targeted and killed. If the community doesn't have the back of the police who protect them, why should the police reciprocate? Quite frankly, I think it is probably a non-issue because I have to believe anyone who knows something that might help catch the killers would provide that information to the police, either directly or anonymously. This is a heinous crime. Plus, there is now a hefty award available to provide further incentive.
Absolutely, if anyone in their right mind had information, it will surely surface. The crime is too sad.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:55 PM

60 posts, read 323,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefchuck View Post
Police hunt suspects after two officers gunned down - CNN.com

Mall shootings, drugs, prostitution...all the things characteristic of a grimy area of the city.

FYI: This complex is right off of 285 on Glenwood, exit before/after Covington highway.
News report is calling that Decatur... unfair to Decatur. Freaked me out for a second until I looked it up on the map. Thats way south. Never been down that way, never had any reason to.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:45 PM

64 posts, read 173,256 times
Quote:
Bob wrote: Hopefully not- I'd prefer if we didn't waste alot of taxpayer money defending these scumbags thru trial and then letting them earn college degrees in jail- a few $0.50 bullets through the head would be perfect.
I'd save the first bullet for Gary Michael Hilton, wouldn't you agree?

Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,608,900 times
Terrell Bolton is the Chief of Police??!!!?? Did the County Commissioner or City Council realize he was fired as the Dallas Chief of Police for incompetence? Do they know what a mess was made of our own Police force with fake drug scandals and other problems? Look it up, it will make the minutes fly by like hours. Hmmm, this might be a part of the problem for Atlanta metro, just speculation.

Last edited by portyhead24; 01-16-2008 at 03:53 PM..

Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatElvisForever View Post
News report is calling that Decatur... unfair to Decatur. Freaked me out for a second until I looked it up on the map. Thats way south. Never been down that way, never had any reason to.
I saw that too. A google search also lists Glenwood Gardens as being in Decatur, even though it is in unincorporated Dekalb county and it is a couple of miles away from Decatur. I think this is why posters on these websites warn people who have never been to Atlanta and who are renting an apartment from afar and want to live in Decatur to be careful to look in the City of Decatur. There are a lot of rough areas that are not located in the City of Decatur but which call themselves Decatur. And I understand this Glenwood Gardens complex is a particularly rough area.

Last edited by Georgia; 01-20-2008 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: Prior Report taken care of comment orphaned

Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM

177 posts, read 923,782 times
Its no wonder why we can't get the additional officers on the streets that we need...if these officers (and a lot of others) have to take on second jobs to make ends meet.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
a cop gets killed hardly a tear is shed, police shoot a bad guy the populous goes nuts.
the sky is cryin.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,939 times
Thumbs up OK Buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlh891 View Post
I already reported that garbage hours ago and it has not been removed yet.
LMAO! Senior members are our fearless leaders. Protect us from GARBAGE!

I am new. Have opinions...Can I post?

Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM

2,642 posts, read 8,260,766 times
This makes me sooo sad. One was my age (33) and the other was just a kid. And their pictures make them look so vital and handsome. I am so sorry for their widows and children....this is a really sad day....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta